Your Next Step.
Do you have a background in account management? Or a history of helping your clients make good, strategic decisions? Are you interested in business development?
Perhaps it’s time to take the next step in your career.
The Client Partner role isn’t a title you’ll see at most companies, but that’s exactly what could make it an exciting, new opportunity for you. It’s a hybrid role–part business development and part account management. As a Client Partner, we’ll look to you to form meaningful relationships with clients through the selling phase and beyond. You’ll create presentations about what a potential partnership with Praxent could mean. You’ll be the point person between our team and their stakeholders once a deal is signed. And you’ll be a key influencer, guiding their decisions as the project grows into future business opportunities.
You’ll be a big part of every client’s future, as well as ours.
If you have a knack for connecting with people, understanding their needs, and formulating a long-term approach to help them achieve their goals–a Client Partner role may be the next big step in your career. It’ll give you a lot of say, a lot of sway, and the chance to become an integral member of the Praxent family.
Who You Are (Personality Type)
- You love to lead. You have a long term vision for the future of your clients, and you love the idea of getting them there.
- You’re proactive. But you already knew that. It’s why you’re waaaay ahead of your clients when it comes to profitable opportunities.
- A skilled strategist. You can take what you’ve learned from your clients and your team and craft it into a path forward that spans the entire engagement.
- A voice of reason. Through times of ambiguity or uncertainty, your voice carries the weight and authority needed to influence others.
- Problems give you purpose. You feel energized planning ambitious projects.
- You’re no stranger to partnerships. You work with your clients. You collaborate with co-workers. You team with anyone that helps you get the job done right.
- A storyteller. You craft presentations–both written and oral–that speak to your audience. You tell a tale and tell it well.
What You’ll Be Doing (Job Tasks)
- Picking out priorities. You identify opportunities for your clients and engage them in an organized manner; setting the stage for incremental releases over time.
- Personalizing the process. You’re in your clients’ business building meaningful relationships. You check in, gauge temperatures, and care about their success.
- Reducing risk. When a project isn’t going as planned your team turns to you. You co-manage resolutions and mitigate risks so clients stay satisfied.
- Bettering the business. Clients see you as the business partner they’ve always wanted. You engage stakeholders at all levels to talk shop and achieve goals.
- Profitizing the portfolio. You’re confident leading $3-5 million worth of annual accounts. You feel comfortable keeping them profitable so the portfolio is too.
- Delivering on deliverables. You create personalized proposals, actionable roadmaps, and crystal clear statements of work that show your clients exactly what to expect.
- Fortune telling. Your long term vision looks for profits. You identify opportunities, drive conversations, and offer ideas that are inline with your clients’ big picture vision.
- Share your vision and wisdom. No two projects are alike. We want you to teach us what you learn from each one, so we can all get better together.
We’d Love to Hear From You If
- You have 6+ years experience in technology. Do you know digital? Technology transformation? What about software development and UX design? If you’ve done something like this at an agency or as a consultant you sound like a good fit.
- You have 3+ years in portfolio management. You’re good at creating more business with the clients you have. You’re good at creating new business with the clients you don’t. You can generate and close at the rate a $3-5 million-plus portfolio requires.
- You’re not afraid to fly. We don’t require a ton of travel, but you might be away from home occasionally, up to 10% of the time.
- You make your monthly goals. Your quarterly and annual ones too. If there’s a bar you need to meet in gross margin and customer satisfaction you meet it.
- You’re familiar with the financial industry. It’s not a requirement, but it’s certainly a plus. If you’ve served in this sector before, the work will come naturally.
- Sandler sounds familiar. Not that one. We’re talking about the sales technique. If you’re familiar with the Sandler sales methodology that will certainly help.
- You talk good. Did you notice that terrible sentence? Your excellent written and verbal communication skills are exactly what we need.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Write which core value of ours you resonate with most.