What Would You Like to Change?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
- You enjoy being challenged to provide best-in-class designs within constraints.
- You are proactive, detail oriented, consistent and confident.
- You are a design geek who gets excited to share what you know, in an unbiased, productive manner.
- You are a clear communicator and storyteller, who enjoys the challenge of finding the best solution to wicked problems.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you, respecting that big changes take time.
- Deliver design solutions within technical, creative, and budgetary constraints.
- Create visually-compelling user interfaces that create value for the company and our customers.
- Deliver friendly, proactive and dependable client service.
- Contribute to elevating Praxent’s brand presence.
- Influence the best practices and growth of the design team.
- You have technical mastery. 4+ years experience as a UI designer, UX designer, product designer, or related role.
- Mac OS X proficiency is required and experience with design tools such as Sketch, Invision, Adobe Creative Suite, or similar.
- Service attitude. Always places clients first, showing genuine concern for their success and satisfaction.
- Organization & planning. Plans, organizes, schedules, and budgets in an efficient, productive manner. Focuses on key priorities.
- Follow-through on commitments. Lives up to verbal and written agreements, regardless of personal cost.
- You talk good. Did you notice that terrible sentence? Your excellent written and verbal communication skills are exactly what we need.
- A collaborative and caring attitude. You have an attitude for others that extends to both your clients and your team. You view their success as your success.
- Work ethic and proactivity. You possess a strong willingness to work hard the ability to act atomically.
- Decision making. Ability and desire to justify design decisions and design best practices.
- You thrive in an agency environment and have the drive to work in a fast paced environment to get the job done.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. In your application, include which of our core values resonates with you most. Want to know more? Check out our careers page.