We're looking for a product designer to help us deliver great user experiences to our clients. Our design team tackles a wide range of projects, mostly in financial services. Here are some real examples of the projects you might work on:
- Help school superintendents, utility administrators, and financial advisors manage their organization's investments. Team up with a design lead to meet with subject matter experts (SMEs) and users to learn all you can. Create user flows, wireframes, UI design, style guide to test with users and prepare your designs for development. After designs are tested, you will support engineers with design quality assurance and knowledge transfer.
- Improve the experience of retirement planning. Partner with a design lead to design a native mobile and web experience for retirement guidance and education. Use and extend current style guide as needed to design new features. Ensure designs are developed to design specifications.
- Help a life insurance company conduct usability testing for their prototype. They need your help to give them design recommendations based on research you gather. Collaborate with a research lead to conduct the usability tests, analyze the data, and provide recommended changes to the designs.
- Create a new mobile experience for an established investment advisor that educates young professionals about investments. You will partner with a UX lead to create a vision for the experience, and then execute a plan for achieving it.
The design team is a group of six designers. Some specialize in UI and visual design, others in UX and research. Through hands on experience, one on one conversations with the design director, and multiple design critiques per week with our team, you will grow fast. Over time, you will learn not only how to tackle complex design problems, but lead them as well. Our design team has a career framework and a competency matrix to help evaluate your skills and guide you toward mastering your craft.
Design is valued from the design team up to the CEO. Most of our clients hire us for a design engagement so we understand how important UX design is to the growth of our company and we have support for design throughout the organization. Our sales team—which includes a representative from each department: design, engineering, and PMO—understands and communicates the value of research and UX to prospective clients so that our design team has the time and budget needed to deliver.
Praxenters love working here. We measure team happiness every month, which is currently 4.2 out of 5, above industry standards. We’ve been chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas five times. We publicly celebrate wins and team achievements every week in our company meeting. Our core values are infused in everything we do (we even have Slack emojis for each one—Care Deeply, Always Deliver, Never Settle, Do It Together, and Own The Outcome).
We think you’ll love it here too. Here’s why...
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than 40 hours a week.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to empower you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be, not to micromanage you.
- Stay healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to have to work forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our [Zoom] doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon/Relaxathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
Here’s what to expect in the interview process. The process is three parts. The first part is a phone interview (20 minutes) to talk about the project you're most proud of. Second, a “get to know you interview” where we'll ask you to share stories of your past work and we'll get into the details. Third will be a review of your portfolio.
Last, but not least, we're big on honesty and transparency. There will be no trick questions and no design tests, just honest questions about the great work you've done.
We’re looking forward to meeting you! (virtually)