Unique opportunities await.
The opportunity to change entire industries with your design expertise. The opportunity to collaborate with kind, creative people who genuinely care about your growth and well-being. The opportunity to perform on your own terms–to work when you want and how you want.
An opportunity to do things differently.
Here at Praxent, we care about our clients. But so does every digital agency. What sets us apart is the way we care about each other. Chosen as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas five times, our diverse and brilliant team of experts is steady and growing. Now, we’re asking you to come along for the ride.
As a senior product designer at Praxent, you will be taking ownership of design and leading the team on any number of projects. Here are a few examples of what our seniors are currently doing:
- Conducting user research for umbilical cord blood banking
- Redesigning the user experience of a county court system
- Conducting heuristic evaluations for a flexible benefits administration experience
- Supporting developers and junior designers to optimize rodeo logistics
- Creating a new consumer-facing dashboard for retirement planning
If you’re a person who loves new challenges, and the description below sounds enticing, apply today. We’d love to build something new with you.
Who You Are
- You’re a believer in user-centered design. You’re the voice users need, so they end up with the product they want.
- Creative within constraints. You balance the considerations of clients and team members alike. You see boundaries as a path to creativity, not a stopping point.
- You know your stuff. (And you have the data to prove it.) You have a passion for UX research and the know-how to apply it.
- Problems give you purpose. You feel energized by ambitious, complex projects.
- Steady, ready, and heady. A rhyme-y way to say that you are consistent, proactive, and detail oriented.
- Open to input. You don’t build a wall around your ideas. You’re comfortable hearing constructive criticism from both your supervisors and your peers.
- A storyteller for solutions. Not only can you create brilliant solutions, you can shape the story of how they came to be.
- Head of the fan club. You’re a designer because you love design. You follow the latest trends and spread the word when the hype is warranted.
What You’ll Be Doing
- Creating delightful experiences. You’ll conduct user research, design complex user flows, and create wireframes and prototypes; by yourself or with junior designers and developers. And you’ll create delightful experiences for our clients IRL. It makes you happy to meet their needs in a dependable, proactive way
- Beating circumstances with best practices. Whether it’s a tight timeline or a budget that’s less-than-ideal, delivering a great product is what matters to you most.
- Designing products that pay. You don’t just own the delivery of pixel perfect designs to your clients–you make sure your designs create value for their company.
- Lab learning. Evaluative research? Generative? No matter what kind of UX learning you’re doing, you’re ready to facilitate and support UX research.
- Saging. Sharing. (User) experience is the mother of wisdom. Or so the saying goes. Whether it’s individual interactions, whole design systems, or new research techniques, you strive to level-up the knowledge of our team.
- Mentoring many. You’re happy to take a younger designer under your wing. You provide guidance and advice to the members of the design team who need it.
We’d Love to Hear From You If
- You have a minimum of 5 years experience with product design and user research. Do you eat, sleep, and dream UX? Let’s talk.
- You want a seat at the table. You’re learning to lead or you’d like to. You’re interested in mentoring, innovating our tech and processes, and helping us build a better design team.
- U r efficient. Significant output. Minimal waste.
- You can forecast your future. When it comes to planning, scheduling, and estimating your work–you have a crystal ball.
- You’re a person of your word and that word is “proactive”. You look ahead to solve problems for your clients, it’s why you always meet your deadlines.
- You’re agile in an agency. You’re comfortable with clients coming first. Their project goals may change, but yours stay the same–caring about their success and satisfaction.
- You are Type A+. You expect excellence right down to the smallest detail. You work diligently until your standards are met and you never settle.
- You communicate ever so clearly. Your presentations are pristine, powerful, and persuasive. You’re able to justify your design decisions with data and best practices and laymanize them for clients. Most importantly of all, you listen.
- Tech specs: Proficiency with OSX and expertise with design tools such as: Sketch, Invision, Figma, Principle, and the Adobe Creative Suite.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than 40 hours a week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year. Employees earn more PTO each year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You won’t hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon/Relaxathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. So how about you say hello? And when you do, tell us which one of our core values resonates with you the most.