What Would You Like to Change?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
- An enthusiastic and hungry engineer. You're capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces.
- You care about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- You have implemented whole features while working with other engineers.
- You have a history of successfully estimating large complex projects, and leading teams to delivery on time and on-budget
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
- Assist the business in the scoping and estimation of sales initiatives
- Produce conceptual, logical architecture, with accompanying technical artifacts
- Provide internal and external consultation on technical, non-functional design
- Drive the team in engineering best-practices, including test-driven development, continuous integration, and automated deployment
- Provide mentorship and coaching to technical team members, including code reviews
- Lead and assist the team in helping to develop the solution
- Work with Delivery Leads to align the roadmap with risks and opportunities within the technical solution
- Define product requirements and creates high-level architectural specifications, ensuring feasibility, functionality, and integration with services and platforms
We'd Love To Hear From You If
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant experience
- 8+ years experience in building applications
- 5+ years experience in software architecture
- Experience defining the architecture of cloud-deployed applications (AWS and Azure preferred)
- Experience with containerized applications using Docker, Kubernetes or other similar tooling
- Experience defining and driving DevOps/SysOps best practices within small or large teams
- Experience building service-oriented applications at enterprise scale
- Experience leading teams toward continuous delivery
- Expert knowledge of database design and data architecture
- Experience mentoring small teams of engineers
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- Authorized to work in U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. You’ll get 24 days of paid time off the minute you walk through the door.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Write which core value of ours you resonate with most.
Want to know more? Check out our careers page.