Unique opportunities await.
The opportunity to change entire industries with your expertise in technology. The opportunity to collaborate everyday with kind, creative people who genuinely care about your growth and well-being. The opportunity to perform on your own terms–to work where you want, when you want, so you can live life your way.
An opportunity to do things differently.
Here at Praxent, we care about our clients. But so does every digital agency. What sets us apart is that we care about each other too. Hand-picked as one of the Best Places to Work in Texas five times, our diverse and brilliant team of experts is growing. Now, we’re asking you to come along for the ride.
If the position below sounds like you and you’re a person who loves learning new things, apply today. We’d love to build something new with you.
- An enthusiastic and hungry developer. You're capable of implementing changes at all layers of the software stack including database, services, and user interfaces.
- Someone who cares about implementing polished web experiences across multiple form factors.
- Energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- Comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- Someone who thrives when you are providing development services within constraints.
- Continuously seeking to improve the world around you.
What You’ll Do
- Write high quality, functioning, performant and enduring code.
- Work on agile-scrum project teams to deliver software features and enhancements.
- Partner with developers, testers, designers and product managers develop, debug, and test software for completeness, accuracy and integrity.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and define elegant solutions to software and business problems.
- Collaborate within and between teams to identify, define and document non-functional requirements.
- Build your skill-set in a collaborative, team-focused environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or 2-4 years of relevant education.
- 1-2 years experience in software development.
- Experience with front end frameworks (preferably React).
- Experience with web tooling and automation (e.g. Git, Webpack, NPM, Bower, etc.).
- Basic knowledge of the Linux/Unix command line.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Basic knowledge of working in a project management tool (e.g. JIRA).
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- You have implemented whole features while working with an architect or senior developer
- You have estimated work before, and can reasonably judge the complexity of a feature
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team
- You are authorized to work in the U.S..
What You’ll Love About Us (Benefits and Perks)
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Write which core value of ours you resonate with most.
Want to know more? Check out our careers page.