What Would You Like to Change?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are:
- Well-organized. You might even feel that’s an understatement.
- Problems give you purpose. You feel energized planning ambitious projects.
- Straightforward. You speak that way and you plan that way too.
- Someone with a to-do list. You take on tasks, identify the important details, and get them done daily.
- An expert sharer. You love sharing what you know about project management with others.
- A storyteller. You have a knack for turning complex problems and strategies into a relatable story or metaphor.
- You think clearly. You think big. You can see the forest for the trees; as well as the path ahead. More importantly, you’re okay with the effort required to make a big impact.
What You’ll Be Doing:
- Mentoring teammates. Performance is gauged by the ability to up-level and force multiply teammates through mentorship and the player/coach model.
- Communicating clearly. Projects get done right when the team is working together and communicating clearly. You set the tone.
- Problem solving. You’re not here to communicate status, you’re here to create innovative products.
- Creating a common goal. Whether it’s project scope, budget, or timeline–you get everyone on the same page.
- Driving success. You understand that clearly defined acceptance criteria and project objectives means the project will get where it’s going.
- Be your own boss. You’re comfortable acting as the team leader of a project; working with minimal oversight and direction.
- Create client relationships. You’re ready to set up a steady stream of communication with your clients. You anticipate their needs.
- Create accountability. For your client and for your team–everyone knows what needs to be done and when.
- Share your vision and wisdom. No two projects are alike. We want you to teach us what you learn from each one, so we can all get better together.
We’d Love to Hear From You If:
- 8+ years experience in project management. Keep in mind experience may be commensurate with skill. If you’re a world-class planner, let us know.
- Familiar with Agile development cycles. To hit the ground running, you’ll need to know how to plan in Agile (Kanban and Scrum) methodologies.
- A collaborative and caring attitude. You have an attitude for others that extends to both your clients and your team. You view their success as your success.
- You excel at risk management. Your plans excel at resolving risk and solve all kinds of problems–proactively. Milestones, status updates, and roadmaps are your favorite kinds of documents.
- Risk management expertise. Milestones, status updates, and roadmaps are you favorite kinds of documents, because you excel at resolving risk.
- You’re tech savvy. You have experience planning projects for business-to-business software and custom applications.
- A background in business-to-business software. You’re an experienced planner of B2B software and custom application projects.
- You can write concise user stories and clear acceptance criteria. You test them with the same level of care and clarity.
- You talk good. Did you notice that terrible sentence? Your excellent written and verbal communication skills are exactly what we need.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills. You talk good. And know that “you talk good” is a terrible sentence.
- Authorized to work in the U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Stability. We've been in business for over 20 years.
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. Employees enjoy 15 days of PTO, 9 US holidays, 3 sick days, and a closed office the last week of the year.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. In your application, include which of our core values resonates with you most.