What Would You Like to Change?
Everyday, clients arrive at our doorstep with big ideas for their industry. They’re experts in their field with the vision and resources you need to change everything. All that’s left is the right team to bring that vision to life. If you’re a fast learner and you love working on a wide variety of projects, you’re going to like it here.
What about the way you work?
At Praxent, we let you do your work your way. Our role is to encourage you, support you, and give you the freedom you need to thrive. Whether you’re working at home, in a coffee shop, or heck, even your car, we’re here to create an environment that lets you live your best life. On your terms.
What about who you work with?
Our hiring philosophy is simple: hire good people who are great at their craft. Give them fun problems to solve. Trust them be their best. It’s a level of autonomy and respect that’s helped us grow a diverse and brilliant team of experts. Experts who also happen to be some of the best colleagues you’ve ever worked alongside. At Praxent, we care about our clients, and we care about each other too.
How about your career?
Now that you know a little about us, we’d love to hear more about you. If you’re passionate about learning new things and the position below sounds like you, you should definitely apply.
It might be time to change jobs. Maybe even an industry or two.
Who You Are:
- You are an integrator, as excited about solving business and people problems as you are engineering puzzles.
- You are energized by the creation of value and love nothing more than figuring out how to support a business function with as little code as possible.
- You value consistency and love working cross-functionally and cross-discipline to ensure best practices are being followed and evolved.
- You have a history of successfully estimating large complex projects and leading teams to deliver on time and on budget.
- You have delivered work to production in an agile development team.
- You are energized by the fact that client needs might change and that the backlog will evolve.
- You’re comfortable suggesting alternative modes of implementation if you think it will provide a better customer and client experience.
- You thrive when you are providing development services within constraints.
- You continuously seek to improve the world around you.
What You'll Do:
- Human Capital Management – Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs.
- Write high quality, functioning, performant and enduring code.
- Perform root-cause analysis to identify and define elegant solutions to software and business problems.
- Collaborate within and between teams to identify, define and document non-functional requirements.
- Accountability – Holds self and others accountable for measurable high-quality, timely, and cost-effective results. Determines objectives, sets priorities, and delegates work.
- Customer Service – Anticipates and meets the needs of both internal and external customers. Delivers high-quality products and services; is committed to continuous improvement.
- Problem Solving – Identifies and analyzes problems; weighs relevance and accuracy of information; generates and evaluates alternative solutions; makes recommendations.
- Team Building – Inspires and fosters team commitment, spirit, pride, and trust. Facilitates cooperation and motivates team members to accomplish group goals.
- Empowerment – The ability to enhance others’ commitment to their work by conveying confidence in employees’ ability to be successful, especially at challenging new tasks; delegating significant responsibility and authority.
- Goal Setting – The ability to develop and communicate goals in support of the business’ mission.
- Decisiveness – Makes well-informed, effective, and timely decisions, even when data are limited or solutions produce unpleasant consequences; perceives the impact and implications of decisions.
We'd Love To Hear From You If:
- Ability to handle multiple competing priorities and thrive in a fast-paced, self-directed work environment.
- Back-end: Experience with C# and dotnetcore.
- Architecture: Experience defining the architecture of cloud-deployed applications (AWS and Azure preferred); Expert knowledge of database design and data architecture.
- Devops: Experience defining and driving DevOps/SysOps best practices within small or large teams; Experience leading teams toward continuous delivery.
- Work well in an agency environment and be able to get the job done.
- Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or relevant experience.
- 8+ years experience in building and deploying service-oriented cloud-based applications
- Leadership: 5+ years leading software development teams; Experience mentoring small teams of engineers
- Experience working in software teams with Agile, Scrum and Kanban methodologies.
- Strong understanding of software development life-cycle and best practices.
- Previous development firm/agency environment.
- Exceptional verbal and written communication skills
- Authorized to work in U.S.
What You’ll Love About Us:
- Work stays at work. We promote a healthy work/life balance to help ensure you have the time that you need. We encourage no more than a 40 hour work week.
- Great company culture. We’ve been recognized by Texas Monthly, Clutch, Comparably, and more for the quality of our workplace. Feel free to check out our rating on Glassdoor.
- We’re here to enable you. It’s your work and your career. Our management team is here to help you become who you want to be. Not to micromanage you.
- Stay Healthy. We offer medical, dental, and vision coverage as well as sick days. We also provide disability insurance and we even have a wellness program.
- Plan for the future. We don’t want you to work here forever. Save for retirement with an IRA and we’ll match up to 3% every year.
- We value your ideas. At Praxent, our doors are always open. Need help? Come on in. Have a vision for the future of the company? We’d love to hear it.
- Rest and relaxation. You’ll get 24 days of paid time off the minute you walk through the door.
- Professional development. Want to continue your education? Praxent pays for classes, conferences, and more.
- You’re more than an employee, you’re a person. Every co-worker you’ll meet is committed to treating you with respect and kindness. You’ll never hear stuff like, “It’s just business.”
- Family Values. Praxent is a certified Mother Friendly Worksite and we’ll provide paid parental leave.
- Hackathon. Twice per year we take a break from client work and do what we want.
If Praxent sounds like the place for you, we’d love to have you. Write which core value of ours you resonate with most.