You don’t know us?
Practichem is disrupting biotech instruments to accelerate cures to the world’s toughest diseases. Like any modern app, our instruments must be intuitive. Arista protein purification instruments are collaborative. People can iterate off each other to speed development of vaccines and antibodies.
You’ll design products and improve current components for our modular platform. Collaborating with our professional engineers, you'll spend most of your time developing and validating concepts, interacting with manufacturing companies, and resolving issues.
This is not a position for meek people. You must be curious and practical. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged. You will be creating and innovating. Your goals will be clear. Deciding implementation specifics will be up to you. Self confident people excel in this environment.
What you will do
- Develop concepts
- Design, test, and prototype new products
- Perform design analysis, FEA, HALT, and component tests
- Improve existing products and processes
- Create and support assembly processes, bills of materials, and manufacturing procedures
- Maintain and expand design of internal engineering tools
- Assist in producing technical documentation
- Collaborate with a team of experienced engineers and scientists
Preferred experience and skills
- Bachelor of Science in Mechanical engineering or equivalent, with some courses in electronics/Electrical Engineering
- Three to five years of professional experience
- Demonstrated experience in mechanical design
- Demonstrated analytical, experimental, and problem solving skills
- Prototype and 3D modeling experience
- Expertise in GD&T
- Experience with sheet metal, machining, and injection molding methods for prototype and production designs
- Experience in transitioning from development to manufacturing is a plus
- A scientific background is a major plus
Practichem is a mature company, run by successful serial entrepreneurs and experienced advisors. We are on a moonshot project. We are subject matter experts, having learned hard lessons through years of experience. We are flat, lean, and focused on results. We always will be. Every manager is also contributor. We trust our team to make decisions and take actions to get results. Our success directly translates to your success through compensation, exposure to interesting problems, benefits, sharing, and advancement.
What we offer:
- Competitive compensation. We work reasonable hours. We rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- You'll work alongside accomplished engineers, scientists, and other thinkers. You’ll be challenged to think and communicate clearly.
- Choose a Mac or a PC. You can run Windows or a Linux distro.
- Join us and get $500 in cozy cash to set up your workspace how you want. Buy a super duper mouse, a spongy wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
Final word - fun
Make sure you’re having fun, finding your work rewarding. Make new friends, push yourself in new ways, and get exposed to new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We want you to love what you’re doing.