Practichem is disrupting biotech instruments to accelerate cures to the world’s toughest diseases. Arista protein purification instruments are collaborative. Openness encourages reuse, speeding development of every vaccine and antibody. We believe instruments should be simple and friendly, like many mobile apps. We’re pioneering instruments-as-a-service, eliminating ownership problems like scaling, maintenance, and repair.
The Senior Software Architect owns the architecture and design that enables the Arista biotech lab instrument family to work in unison. Our multidisciplinary team is on the forefront of biotech instrument development, and contributes cross-functionally to areas including hardware, firmware, cloud, and more.
We require a full stack Software IoT Architect to build highly secure and scalable tools to bolster our instrument platform. This entails building full stack systems for real time instrument data streams, manipulation of measurement data across prototype and production fleets, and building services to allow Practichem’s engineering organization to develop, validate, and iterate more quickly.
- Create, maintain, and expand design of Practichem’s internal engineering tools.
- Participate in next generation feature development, system architecture definition, and end-to-end implementation from early prototype to full production release.
- Lead overall architectural principles, frameworks, and standards.
- Make daily technical contributions to projects.
- Collaborate with a team of experienced developers to implement architectural improvements for faster design cycle iterations.
- Bachelor of Science in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or equivalent, with some courses in electronics/Electrical Engineering
- 10+ years experience in a software architect role
- Excellence with Kotlin/Java
- Excellence with recent web technologies and frameworks (Vue/React/Node)
- Experience with at least one of Postgres/MySQL/NoSQL database
- Experience with containerization (Docker & compose or equivalent)
- Experience with build systems, automation, continuous integration
- Excellent interpersonal communication, both written and verbal
- Experience with AWS technologies (EB/S3/SSO & IAM)
- Scientific background is a major plus
- Analytical thinker, very organized, and meticulous
What sets us apart
- Work on projects that matter.
- Compensation is always competitive.
- Work reasonable hours (rarely nights, weekends, or holidays).
- Work remotely. Forever.
- $500 in Cozy Cash to make your workspace your happy place. Whatever makes you happy - a squishy wrist rest, pet rock, mood ring, or how about a Maneki-neko?
Final word - fun
Make sure you’re having fun, finding your work rewarding. Make new friends, push yourself in new ways, and get exposed to new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We want you to love what you’re doing.