What we do
Practichem, a Raleigh-based biotech firm focused on speeding antiviral cures to market, uses a patented protein chromatography instrumentation platform to deliver time and cost savings in the race to deliver critical viral health solutions worldwide.
Who we are
Practichem is a different kind of company and we like it that way. We have incredibly high standards and hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at their highest levels every day. Join our team and enjoy an environment that appreciates hard work and achievements.
What you will do
On a part-time basis, manage Practichem's devops practices including continuous delivery, deployment, and release automation. The ideal candidate has experience with open source technologies and tools to accomplish specific use cases. This role requires the use of coding languages or scripting methodologies to solve a problem with a custom workflow. The ability to collaborate with others on projects to brainstorm the best way to tackle a complex technological infrastructure, security, or development problem. You will also perform incremental testing actions on code, processes, and deployments to identify ways to streamline execution and minimize errors encountered.
Required education, experience, and skills
- BS in Computer Science, IT, IS, or equivalent area of technical study (IT experience can substitute for a BS degree)
- Expert in Bash
- Expert in Git
- Devops level familiarity with Jenkins CI/CD systems
- Familiarity with Docker/K8s
- Familiarity with agile methodology (but we don't consider it a religion)
- Expertise with Linux operating system environments
- Expert familiarity with Linux boot process, initialization, file systems
- Experience with infrastructure scripting (PowerShell, Python, Bash)
- IOT or similar device experience is a benefit