What we do
Practichem, a Raleigh-based biotech firm focused on speeding antiviral cures to market, uses a patented protein chromatography instrumentation platform to deliver time and cost savings in the race to deliver critical viral health solutions worldwide.
Chromatography instrument technology lags well behind consumer tech. Many current scientific instruments are controlled by 1993-era software. When compared to current technology, chromatography instruments do not store and share data well. Studies reveal scientists spending the majority of their applied time extracting, converting, and loading data as part of their workflow. This is not a research science problem, or a chromatographic problem. This requires a software technology solution.
Practichem believes scientific instrument software should be as intuitive to use as a smart phone app. We’re setting a new standard for the laboratory by creating browser based software that runs our scientific instruments. Help us drive innovation to the laboratory for greater discovery and collaboration.
Who we are
Practichem is a different kind of company and we like it that way. We have incredibly high standards and hire exceptional people who enjoy pushing themselves to perform at their highest levels every day. Join our team and enjoy an environment that appreciates hard work and achievements.
What we expect
You appreciate a start-up environment free from bureaucracy. You thrive on open discussion. You are both creative and highly organized. You adopt and improve the current design guidelines and deploy these across various media. You are the custodian of our style guide and brand. You balance feedback from peers and executives to arrive at final designs. You enjoy working on a variety of projects from creating marketing swag to formal UI/UX design. You have a passion for creative excellence.
This must excite you. You must be curious and practical. You will be expected to challenge and be challenged, to create and innovate. Practichem's work style is not for everyone.
What you will do
- Maintain expert level familiarity with brand guidelines.
- Develop, edit, and manage creative assets, handling projects through the entire production process.
- Bring order to the asset management system.
- Translate creative layouts and ideas into production ready, brand-aligned deliverables, and versions.
- Revise designs based on reviews, research, usability testing, customer feedback, and stakeholder input.
- Develop presentations and templates for business leadership and company meetings.
- Create exhibit materials and company swag.
- Design static and responsive pages.
- Collaborate on sound and video editing for marketing and instructional content.
- Participate in light industrial design.
Preferred experience and skills
- Training in graphic design or digital media arts or equivalent practical experience
- 3-5 years of graphic design experience
- Expertise in Adobe Creative Suite tools
- UI/UX design
- Fluency in best practices for user-centered design process
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Familiarity with HTML
- Skilled photographer and videographer a plus
- Start-up environment experience a plus
What we offer
- Competitive compensation. We work reasonable hours and rarely get called on nights, weekends, or holidays.
- We support remote work.
- You'll work alongside other accomplished engineers and scientists.
- Join Practichem and get $250 in cozy cash to set your workspace how you want. Buy a super mouse, a wrist thingy, a special chair, plant, mood ring, or maybe a Maneki-neko?
Make sure you’re having fun at work -- meet new friends, push yourself in new ways, try new things. If you aren’t having fun at some level, you’ll be unhappy. We don’t want that. We want you to work hard, love what you do, and have fun.