Poynt is democratizing payment processing by enabling small merchants to keep more of their income in their pockets (actually, bank accounts). This is only possible with the right mix of people, process and technologies to mitigate Risk. Poynt’s Risk Operations team is the first line of defense to ensure that we have the controls in place to identify and mitigate risk. This is where you come in.
We are looking for a curious and action-oriented analyst with a passion for protecting merchants from fraudulent transactions. The ideal candidate is comfortable navigating complex problems, determining the right data to focus on and able to derive insights and recommendations based on data. This role interacts with stakeholders throughout the organization in helping inform product, risk, and operations strategy.
- Follow a detailed process to identify and track current fraud trends by reviewing transaction patterns and accounts
- Process credit-backs and refunds
- Run Proof of Concepts with vendors by pulling data and determining metrics.
- Design/implement changes in processes and tools
- Prepare and present quarterly reports, which identify trends, incidents, and updates the Business Unit Leads and stakeholders.
- 1 to 2 years of proven credit, fraud or payments risk analytics experience.
- Bachelor’s degree in Mathematics, Finance, Economics or related discipline.
- An analytical and structured thinker with attention to detail that will enable you to understand and follow a process.
- Strong written, oral, and interpersonal skills, including the ability to explain and/or present analysis.
- SQL skills to run queries to run POCs and summarize efficacy metrics.
- Must have a legal right to work in the U.S.
- Previous e-commerce fraud prevention, investigation or retail fraud prevention experience is a plus
*****Note: this is a temp-to-hire position*****