In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the role
As a Lead Automation Engineer, you will design and implement world class test automation infrastructure that will enhance product quality on Poynt Smart Terminals. You will Architect solutions and execution through hands-on development of frameworks, creating quality processes and setting up. You will deliver code in an Agile software development to help with test-driven development. You will participate and promote architectural initiatives, balancing long-term velocity with short-term customer needs, and play an active role in development life cycle activities like design, coding, testing and production release. Product will be a closer partner as you craft great product experiences.
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Bachelors or Masters degree in Computer Science, MIS, related field or equivalent experience.
- Design, implement and work with automation frameworks to create tests for Web, API and Mobile products.
- Strong knowledge around quality engineering principles, ability to come up with test strategy and test design for complex software products on scaling and performance
- Executing the end-to-end cases in the complex solution testbeds, identifying the product behavioral defects, debugging and troubleshooting identified issues
- Develop Solution level test plan, scenarios, and test cases from product requirements and design documents
- Follow quality control processes according to the industry standard practices
- Be a team player in a global team that works round the clock to meet customer needs
- Assertive communication and ability to influence cross-functional stakeholders to take the right decisions
- Collaborate with the product,and business teams for understating the application flow to be installed in a multi-tier solution infrastructure
- Working cross functionally in an Agile/Scrum environment along with product management and development to deliver high quality solutions
- Design, write and execute end-to-end Test Cases to test Application on functional and non-functional area based on product requirements and customer use cases
- Knowledge to build and test on the enterprise level multi-tier application including components on AWS cloud, Java API services, Node services and mobile applications
- Ability to work on automation testing on web, Android OS and applications
- Ability to adapt to new priorities and challenges and willing to learn new technology
- Payments industry experience, familiarity with card processing, settlement, PCI security
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- Experience with Appium test framework
- Experience in CI/CD, bug tracking, repository and test management interfaces like Jenkins, Jira, GIT, TestRail or other test management tools
- Good debugging, monitoring and troubleshooting skills