In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the role
You will support the accounting function for a high growth, privately held company operating in many markets worldwide and will have 7 legal entities by the end of 2019. We are looking for an individual to help scale the infrastructure, systems, processes and controls to support growth in the US with integrity, process knowledge and technical expertise. This is a great opportunity for someone who is looking to step into a lead accounting role at a growing Palo Alto based start-up!
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
Reporting to the Corporate Controller, the essential functions of this position are as follows:
- Assist in all areas of the monthly corporate close process including all areas of operational accounting - GL, AP, AR, revenue recognition, inventory, fixed assets, payroll, accruals, equity, intercompany accounting, consolidations, annual audit, analytical review and reporting
- Demonstrated skill and ability in the area of technical accounting including current revenue recognition guidance, cost accounting in a contract manufacturing environment, stock-based compensation, lease accounting, foreign currency accounting and consolidations
- Develops, implements, and monitors systems for general accounting
- Reviews and analyzes the organization's accounting operation; establishes, develops, and/or recommends objectives, policies and procedures to management.
- Prepares and analyzes balance sheet, financial and operational reports
- BA in accounting or finance
- CPA required
- 5 years experience preferably with a combination of both public and private accounting experience
- Commitment to excellence and high standards.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills; able to manage priorities and workflow with an acute attention to detail
- Good judgment with the ability to make timely and sound decisions
- Versatility, flexibility, and a willingness to work within constantly changing priorities with enthusiasm