In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
Our Poynt Processing product line has an infectiously positive attitude and commitment to win. We are looking for interns to sell our processing offering to small to mid sized brick and mortar stores. Your entrepreneurial spirit and passion for problem-solving helps you communicate our value proposition to merchant prospects, win them over and see that they succeed in processing and growing their business with us. Your extraordinary communication skills help you connect with customers in-person, by email and phone. If you want direct, hands-on experience at a growing, successful startup, this is the opportunity for you.
- Spend 80% of time with prospects pitching Poynt Processing and demoing our offering over the phone and in-person.
- Create best practices for our customers to succeed.
- Listen to the needs of the market and share learnings with the Product Team
- Get hands-on experience in building out the product itself
- Work with the best of Engineering, Product, and Marketing Teams
- Currently pursuing BA/BS Degree in Business, Marketing, Entrepreneurship or related field
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Good listening skills
- An assertive, resilient and persuasive personality
- An analytical, structured thought process with the ability to assess business opportunities and read prospective buyers
- Hustle, tenacity and determination
- A good, baseline understanding of underlying technology
- Must have a legal right to work in the U.S. for the duration of the internship
- Must be available to work in Palo Alto for at least 20 hours per week
- Are immediately available to start