In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the role
At Poynt, our goal is to give our merchants superpowers to run every aspect of their business. Beyond just accepting payments on their Poynt terminal, we want them to leverage Poynt to improve their sales, to engage with their customers, and to make day-to-day operations as smooth as possible.
We are looking for a Dir. of Product Management for Payments who will be responsible for innovating on the core payments platform. Our product team is focused to make the above vision a reality. We’re looking for you if you have the following:
- Excited about payments industry
- Looking to work in a fast-paced agile environment, enjoying end-to-end ownership of product and feature sets
- Ability to understand, navigate and innovate in highly regulated and compliance driven fintech industry, specifically the card present market.
- Analytical, structured, with the ability to prioritize & deliver from our large suite of products and feature sets
- Ability to synthesize complex ideas, condense it into easy to use products and user experiences.
- Strong history of scaling products and building products with high engagement
- 7+ years of technical product management leadership in in financial industry
- Deep understanding of EMV protocols, Contactless, Tokenization & POS solutions
- Experience in payment compliance requirements and scheme mandates
- Experience in building payment applications on mobile devices
- Experience in designing platforms that can be used by 3rd parties (including APIs and device SDK).
- Experience in working with banks, acquirers and schemes
- Ability to formulate and conduct primary and secondary research to identify and prioritize needs
- Ability to work in a cross-functional teams to drive go-to-market and iterations of your products
- Ability to multi-task to work on multiple projects across their different stages (ideation, development, go-to-market, iteration)
- E-commerce experience
- Startup experience
- An ability to empathize with SMB’s and envision how technology can help transform their business
- Ability to independently extract & analyze data using SQL, Python
- Master’s degree in analytics, product, management
- Experience with Google Analytics, Firebase, MixPanel, Looker
As a part of Poynt, you would get the opportunity to work on
- Full stack of technologies from device hardware, firmware, Android OS, Android apps, iOS apps, web apps to servers like Java and nodeJS servers.
- Work with acquirers and their needs worldwide
- Work on industry leading payment products and solutions
- Work with 3rd party hardware & device vendors
- Work on Fleet management solutions to help deploy and manage 100s of thousands of devices centrally
- A large number of internal tools for various teams including our Customer Success team to support our merchants and partners