In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the role
At Poynt, our goal is to give our merchants superpowers to run every aspect of their business. Beyond just accepting payments on their Poynt terminal, we want them to leverage Poynt to improve their sales, to engage with their customers, and to make day-to-day operations as smooth as possible. To make this possible we have a suite of applications, to cater to our merchants' needs (POS, Loyalty, Recurring billing, Reporting, Remote business management and much more!)
No matter where the merchant is located, no matter what industry they are in, no matter how many stores they have – we want them to have the best possible experience so they can focus on what matters most: growing their own business and making their employees and customers happy.
Our product team is focused to make the above vision a reality. We’re looking for you if you are:
- Excited about building e-commerce and payments products for the shop next door
- Looking to work in a fast-paced agile environment, enjoying end-to-end ownership of product and feature sets
- Familiar with Omni channel commerce (or eager to learn)
- Ability to innovate and deliver new experiences for merchants and consumers
- Analytical, structured, with the ability to prioritize & deliver from our large suite of products and feature sets
- Strong history of scaling products and building products with high engagement
- 7+ years of technical product management leadership in innovative big & small companies
- Startup experience is required
- Experience in building mobile transactional consumer apps required
- Make data & feedback-driven decisions to manage priorities in a complex landscape of features and merchant needs
- Ability to formulate and conduct primary and secondary research to identify and prioritize needs
- An ability to empathize with SMB’s and envision how technology can help transform their business
- Ability to work in a cross-functional teams to drive go-to-market and iterations of your products
- Ability to multi-task to work on multiple projects across their different stages (ideation, development, go-to-market, iteration)
- E-commerce experience and Payments experience
- 3+ years in building cloud products or consumer applications
- experience in payment / fin tech industry
- Ability to independently extract & analyze data using SQL, Python
- Familiarity with technologies throughout the tech stack – nodeJS, Android, Java
- Bachelor’s degree with a technical discipline, such as Computer Science, Engineering, Mathematics, or other related fields
- Master’s degree in analytics, product, management
- Experience with Google Analytics, Firebase, MixPanel, Looker
As a part of Poynt, you would get the opportunity to work on
- Full stack of technologies from device hardware, firmware, Android OS, Android apps, iOS apps, web apps to servers like Java and nodeJS servers.
- Work on industry leading payment products and solutions
- Omni-commerce merchant cloud solutions, API and apps
- Fleet management solutions to help deploy and manage 100s of thousands of devices centrally
- Web apps that run on the Poynt terminal to let merchants perform many important functions: manually enter a card number to take phone or online orders, update their product catalog on the fly, and order paper rolls and other accessories
- A large number of internal tools for various teams including our Customer Success team to support our merchants and partners