In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the role
This role requires a person who understands that excellent product design comes at the boundaries of design, business, and engineering.
Strong advocate for user needs; conducting user interviews and usability testing to distill your research into plausible design solutions.
Collaborative and have the humble confidence to turn different insights into well-considered user experiences.
Opinionated, but open to new ideas; you embrace feedback and know how to deliver it as well.
Motivated to interact with stakeholders to clearly understand product requirements.
Creating user interaction flows, wireframes and high-fidelity prototypes, and deliver design assets and specs for development.
Designing intuitive user interfaces for the Poynt OS platform, Android and iOS apps, and websites.
Moving extremely fast - quick turnaround and iteration while still sweating the details.
• 5+ years of experience with end-to-end UX/UI and Product Design
• Experience with shipping consumer facing products
• A strong portfolio with a clear demonstration of systems thinking and interaction/UI design.
• A deep understanding of formal visual design principles (composition, hierarchy, color, and typography) and creating pixel-perfect design execution guidelines.
• Confidence to communicate well enough with our engineers to turn your solutions into reality
• Independent self-starters who can run with a project and also know when to ask for help
Nice to Have
• Experience in the Payment Industry
• BA/BFA degree in design related field, with an emphasis on visual design, user experience, or interaction design.