In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the job
This position requires a multitude of skills and talent to successfully manage complex programs/projects involving close collaboration with internal and external cross-functional teams & functions. This individual will manage a wide array of projects in all areas of significance to the company such as customer experiences, platform, partner integrations, device software (including the operating system), and operations. In short, this individual gets things done.
- Own the overall project and deliverable timelines.
- Assist with building quarterly and annual roadmaps
- Maintain tracking software like Jira and others as the single source of truth.
- Maintain work breakdown structure, detailed implementation schedule, project plan, resource assignment, stakeholder management, risk management.
- Ensure committed projects are delivered on schedule, within budget, to the specification, and with quality.
- Actively engage and maintain a working relationship with team leads, management and provide regular updates up and across the organization.
- Proactively manage and mitigate any obstacles blocking or slowing down the project delivery as committed.
- Build and maintain a trusted and cooperative relationship with all customers, internal or external.
- Actively help improve the agile product delivery process.
- Create visibility around key project metrics
- Excellent communication, presentation, and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent project management skills, dealing with multiple teams/tasks concurrently and in cross-functional environments.
- Solid experience and strong technical background in nodeJS, Java, Android OS or Android app.
- Experience working closely with software engineers, product managers, and UX designers.
- Experience with agile product development. Scrum Master certified or equivalent is a plus.
- Experience in continuous improvement of the program management function.
- Strong experience with productivity tools such as MS Software, Jira, Slack, Github, Jenkins, or equivalent.
- 3+ years of program management experience in Payments or related area.
- Experience in B2B, SaaS, and/or PaaS, preferably dealing with merchants and other key participants of the Payments industry.
- BS or better degree in computer science, electrical or computer engineering, or related areas.