In 2013, our founding team recognized the lack of smart terminals in the market, so we set about reimagining the ubiquitous payment terminal into a connected, multi-purpose device that runs third-party apps.
As smart terminals become mainstream, Poynt OS sets the standard as the open operating system that can power any smart payment terminal worldwide. Combined with our Apps ecosystem we are creating a new app economy for merchants and allowing developers to write once and distribute everywhere.
Fueling our growth are some of the Valley’s top VC firms and leading global payments and fintech companies including Elavon, Google Ventures, Matrix Partners, National Australia Bank, NYCA Partners, Oak HC/FT Partners, Stanford-StartX Fund, and Webb Investment Network. We’ve raised over $130M as of 2019.
Headquartered in the heart of Silicon Valley in Palo Alto, CA, with offices in India and Singapore, we’re growing rapidly on a global scale so that merchants worldwide have the technology to transform their business.
About the Role
We’re famous for our payment terminal but much of the brains in the Poynt ecosystem resides on the cloud. At Poynt, you can contribute to many important cloud applications including:
- Our global payment gateway that can process numerous payment methods all over the world, with an architecture that helps us launch extremely fast in new countries
- A comprehensive set of APIs for business, transaction, product catalog, and customer information that powers all of Poynt’s first-party applications as well as all app in our developer ecosystem
- Our powerful data platform that takes in logs and key information from our worldwide fleet of devices, combining it with business and other actionable information on the server side to deliver real-time insights to our customers and in-depth BI analytics to drive our roadmap
- 5+ years of Java, server side programming, and developing secure, highly performant cloud applications
- You’ve designed and implemented external facing, highly organized APIs for a third-party ecosystem
- Expertise in large scale cloud/API services, distributed systems, databases (SQL and NoSQL), Java web app threading model, REST, HTTP, OAuth2, and multi-layered security.
- Experience developing web application servers (Tomcat, Glassfish, or JBoss), Spring, JPA, and Hibernate.
- Experience in OO, DI, IoC design patterns, messaging systems, asynchronous processing.
- Experience working with data pipelines, data warehousing, and analytics tools (Spark, Hadoop, Elasticsearch, Redshift)
- Payments industry experience, familiarity with card processing, settlement, PCI security
- You’ve used Kafka, Elasticsearch and Redis in production
- 2+ years of experience with Amazon Web Services.
- 2+ years of experience building key management systems and deep understanding of DUPKT and other key management schemes.