Who and What is Power?
Power is the first credit card issuer built on modern tech, from the ground up. Our cloud-native platform is tailored to meet the needs of high growth brands who use Power, providing them solutions that have not been supported in the past.
Power was founded by Randy Fernando and Andrew Dust, and is backed by Anthemis, Fin Capital, Financial Venture Studio, CRV, Dash Fund, Plug and Play and others.
What You’ll do as a Senior Software Engineer at Power:
- Design, build and maintain APIs, services and systems across Power’s tech platform
- Contribute to system architecture discussions as we build a stable, scalable platform
- Collaborate with stakeholders to solve technical problems and build amazing end-to-end APIs and developer experiences
- Work with the engineering team to create new technical standards, tooling and processes
- Work with product and design teams to ensure our end users, developers and customers are getting the best possible experience
- Review peer code and architecture
- Participate in planning and weekly demos with the team
- Write, deploy, monitor and maintain code to production that will be used to create Power’s products and services
What you’ll need to succeed as a Senior Software Engineer at Power:
- Previous experience at an early stage startup (FinTech is a bonus!)
- Have existing industry experience in software development
- Enjoy and have experience building production grade software
- Have a track record of designing high-quality systems and services
- A love of working in a fast-paced environment while maintaining high technical standards
- Enjoyment working closely with others, we are a small team and have success through cross collaboration
- Interest in learning new tools and technologies
- Hold yourself and the team to high standards
We may be a young company but we love to celebrate our diverse group of hardworking employees. We are a 100% remote company, meaning you can work anywhere across Canada or the US (and celebrate both countries' holidays!). We pride ourselves in our collaborative culture and that is why we’re investing in every step of a Power employee’s journey from the very beginning. You will see this starting with our interviews through our weekly company meetings, collaboration is at the heart of working at Power.
For being such an early stage company, we offer competitive benefits including medical, dental and vision coverage along with 401(k) matching for our US team and RRSP matching for our Canadian employees. We understand that the work-life balance can get blurred working from home so we believe in offering a flexible vacation policy, so you can take the time that you need. We also love spending time together and miss “water cooler” talk which is why we hold off-sites to give everyone the opportunity to “meet in real life”.
What to Expect?
- The first step is applying! We want to make the application process as simple as possible which is why we only ask for your basic information, resume and LinkedIn (if applicable). On rare occasions we will ask for a portfolio so you can show off your past work!
- Within 5 business days of applying, you will receive a message from the Talent Team letting you know the status of your application.
- When you move forward, the first step will be a call with the Director of Talent where you will get the opportunity to share your story + ask questions about Power.
- The following interviews will depend on the role but they are typically conversations with the Hiring Manager and one or two Stakeholders. This will give us the opportunity to interview you but at the same time allow you ample time to interview Power!
- At Power, we understand how big of a decision it is to make a career switch and we believe that having a call with both of our Co-Founders is integral to checking off that last box.