Do you love helping to create and execute a vision for compelling products? Are you passionate about communication, facilitation, and leadership? If this sounds like you, we'd like to talk to you. Potato's product development team is looking for a talented and engaged Product Lead.
About the role:
Our Product Leads work directly with Potato clients to realize their product vision, craft a strategy around their business objectives, prioritize a roadmap, and capture and iterate on their requirements in order to build successful products.
Internally, Product Leads work directly with Delivery Leads, Designers, and Developers to communicate the needs of Potato clients and work together to develop the best possible outcomes for them.
Product Leads are looking to create further opportunities to grow our client’s products, and in turn, understand how that can help Potato’s business.
Potato Product Leads need to be flexible in their ability to context switch between client-facing and team-facing, in order to implement and execute a co-created strategy and achieve desired outcomes.
As we do at Potato, you should believe in building products with purpose, utilizing the right technology and good human-centered design to improve lives. You should thrive in small, agile teams of smart problem solvers who are passionate about creating products.
You should have a passion for product development, and use that passion to build a close working relationship with clients and stakeholders to show them what good products can do for their business and customers.
You should be familiar with guiding clients and stakeholders through crafting vision, strategy, roadmaps, prioritization and other core Product Management competencies that they might not otherwise be familiar with.
You should be a people motivator, rallying product development teams behind a vision and roadmap, helping bring purpose and understanding to their work.
You must have:
- 5-6 years proven experience working in software product management, ideally on products from early-stage to mid-maturity
- Previous experience creating, designing, and facilitating product discovery workshops
- Strong interpersonal skills, you will be directly communicating with a broad variety of Potato clients and prospects - and responsible for driving their outcomes
- Strong storytelling, communication, and presentation skills that demonstrate the ability to break down complex problems into quick to understand concepts, and increase education and understanding across different audiences
- Ability to execute independently, driving yourself and the team toward objectives you identify and set with Potato clients
Ideally, you also:
- Previous agency experience as a Product Lead, Product Manager, or similar discipline
- Previous experience, or interest in, conducting user research and synthesizing findings
- Previous experience working with or for startups, mid-size, and enterprise-level clients
- Previous experience pitching proposals, ideas, and/or approaches to executives
- Previous experience shaping and negotiating proposals to clients, including the creation of cost and effort estimates
- Ability to understand, break-down, and communicate technical problems for non-technical audiences
- Strong understanding and experience in agile, scrum, kanban, lean design and development approaches
- Strong passion for Product Excellence
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the best engineers, designers, and product leads in town, we’ll give you the freedom to manage your own work and trust you to get things done. Ultimately, we just want to make sure that you have everything you need to help us build the best products possible.
You’ll have many opportunities for growth and learning: collaboration within teams, rotation to different products, experimentation on internal tools, involvement in new business and pitching, our Potato Talks events, mentorship, training courses, and conferences.
We want to make our hiring as inclusive as possible; this job description has been reviewed by a range of employees and has passed a neutral language check. We have also reviewed our hiring process to make sure it offers flexibility to candidates that need it.
We're trying to do better and would love your feedback. If you think there's anything we could improve or places you think we should advertise, then please let us know.
We welcome remote applicants within the United States.
A bit more about us:
We’ve won some of the industry’s most well-recognized creative awards such as Cannes Lions and Clios, and our people are regularly named within leagues such as the BIMA 100. In the past 12 months, more than a billion people globally have used a product created by Potato.
We also work hard to be a great employer - a place where our people are proud to work. In 2021, we were officially recognized as a Best Company to Work For, named within the Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.