Potato is looking for a delivery lead to join our Digital Product Studio here in the USA (remote is fine). This role will be supporting and leading our progressive and talented team of engineers, designers and product leads.
About the role:
Potato is on an exciting journey as a business, and the Delivery Lead role is crucial to our success — they are the champions of the client and the team. Potato Delivery leads are accountable for delivery methodology and for leading a team to ensure timely, accurate, and effective delivery. Delivery Leads are expected to play multiple roles based on the Delivery approach selected. Short engagements or those where the client is less comfortable with agile may need a more traditional project management approach. Some clients are very familiar with or wish to become more agile so on these engagements, an agile coach approach may be best. Experienced in agile methodologies and with a solid project management grounding, the
Delivery Lead works closely with in-house teams using Scrum, Kanban, or Lean approaches. All Delivery Leads must be able to be a Scrum master (or aspire to be one), understand Lean, and must be able to adopt standard project management approaches. A Delivery Lead may work on a suite of mid-size digital projects across more than one key client, or a number of smaller, leaner engagements, or a combination of both.
At Potato, we often have engagements requiring a more nuanced delivery role; it may be that your coaching and scrum mastery skills and experience are called upon for a particular engagement, on other engagements, it may be that your project management experience comes to the fore. You may be more comfortable with, or have a preference for, one particular aspect of delivery, but as all-rounders, our Delivery Leads are expected to be flexible. The Delivery Lead is responsible for initiating the project with the team including communicating the chosen approach effectively, so teams (including client teams) are thoroughly aware and understand the approach.
All delivery roles are client facing so we require our Delivery Leads to be outstanding communicators and excellent relationship builders, at all levels. The Delivery Lead manages end-to-end engagements and projects, liaising directly with clients and client teams to make sure all processes are working, the methodology is understood, and all reporting and administrative tasks are completed on time.
You must have:
- Experience in day to day commercial management of engagements, budgeting, tracking, noticing, flagging and taking corrective measures to avoid over burns or possible gaps in revenue recognition. Maintaining accurate team and budget forecasting and ensuring accurate timesheets
- Experience in ensuring the commercial viability of projects, from scoping through to delivery, including inputting into and creating SOWs, taking into account agreed financial/delivery model to reflect the payment terms, schedule and deliverables
- Be able to understand and practice agility, coach the team in self-organisation and cross-functionality, facilitate events/ceremonies as needed
- Demonstrate effective product planning and effective Product Backlog management
- Ability to coach the team, and clients, in environments where agile is not fully understood
- Act as key liaison between internal and client teams
- Represent the authoritative source of all delivery status information on your projects at all times
- Measure and report on team health and efficacy
Ideally, you also have:
- Strong communication skills - The role requires working closely with key stakeholders throughout the client organisation and beyond (partners, other agencies, and other 3rd parties), you must be able to communicate in specific contexts to different people of varying technical expertise, about the project at any given time
- Facilitating, decision making, and project kick-offs involving team members to take active roles as appropriate
- Proactive risk mitigation, preventing issues from leading to preventable escalations in collaboration with the teams
- Creating and updating project documentation to make onboarding and off-boarding easier, and to ensure that the knowledge transfer remains efficient within the team
- Understanding of experience in agile and lean design and development approaches
- Refined prioritisation skills - ability to focus on the “right” things, not just the “most urgent” things
- Emotional intelligence, personal resilience and empathy. Self-motivation and the ability to motivate others
Working shoulder-to-shoulder with some of the best engineers, designers and product leads in town, we’ll give you the freedom to manage your own work and trust you to get things done. Ultimately, we just want to make sure that you have everything you need to help us build the best products possible.
You’ll have many opportunities for growth and learning: collaboration within teams, rotation to different products, experimentation on internal tools, involvement in new business and pitching, our Potato Talks events, mentorship, training courses, and conferences.
We want to make our hiring as inclusive as possible, this job description has been reviewed by a range of employees and has passed a neutral language check. We have also reviewed our hiring process to make sure it offers flexibility to candidates that need it.
We're trying to do better and would love your feedback. If you think there's anything we could improve, or places you think we should advertise, then please let us know.
We welcome remote applicants within the United States.
A bit more about us:
We’ve won some of the industry’s most well-recognized creative awards such as Cannes Lions and Clios, and our people are regularly named within leagues such as the BIMA 100. In the past 12 months, more than a billion people globally have used a product created by Potato.
We also work hard to be a great employer - a place where our people are proud to work. In 2021, we were officially recognized as a Best Company to Work For, named within the Top 100 Best Small Companies to Work For.