Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
** We are not open to working with external agencies on this role and are only considering candidates based in North America**
As a Senior Backend Product Engineer at Postscript, you will utilize your strong product engineering skills to develop and manage our backend applications and systems. Our backend stack is a Python (Flask) API with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS. Senior Backend Engineers at Postscript are key members of the team that directly impact the team as an individual contributor and also through critical leadership, mentorship, and decision-making activities. As a Senior engineer you will guide your team in weighing trade-offs of technical constraints and business priorities to consistently deliver customer value.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale. This role is fully remote.
- Architect, build and maintain REST APIs to build features in our product suite
- Work closely with product, design, and other engineers on your team to deliver a high quality, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions
- Improve our internal development processes to minimize errors and improve team efficiency
- Lead group sessions to actively ensure your team is guided by product-focused architecture and implementation to achieve our goals
- Understand how to weigh trade-offs of customer value, technical constraints, and business priorities
- Guide your team to make optimal technical and product design decisions to get work done
- Mentor other engineers on best practices, standards, and learning opportunities
- Accountable for communicating transparently and proactively, defining scope, breaking down and estimating tasks, risk and change management
- A proven career as a software engineer developing backend applications and APIs
- Hands-on experience using Python preferred (Flask and SQLAlchemy a plus)
- Familiarity with building applications on AWS services (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, and others)
- Expert-level skills in relational databases, SQL, and experience with database modeling (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, translating complex technical requirements into easy to follow direction and documentation
- Experience coaching, mentoring and onboarding engineers
- Experience in high growth, early stage tech preferred
- SaaS experience preferred
What You’ll Love About Us
- Salary range of USD $152,250 to $206,500 base plus significant equity regardless of location
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Remote team - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We’re passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.