Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
As Director of Engineering at Postscript, you will lead and manage several product engineering teams and be responsible for a large domain within our engineering organization. You will lead engineering managers and engineers. You will drive hiring efforts to grow and scale your teams in line with Postscript’s ambitious growth plans and ensure that new team members reach full productivity quickly. You will consistently enable exceptional performance of your team members and actively guide their professional development. As the leader, you will empower our engineers to have maximum positive impact for our company, and be ultimately responsible for the results of your teams, including their system’s reliability and uptime. You will guide the team to build architecture and processes as we scale and ensure we adopt best practices to balance ambitious growth with reliability and scalability, and the value their product enhancements will bring to our merchants and their customers.
All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Establish and continually improve engineering and team processes that yield maximum efficiency in day-to-day engineering operations
- Directly manage engineering managers and engineering team members and ensure that your entire team is continually enabled to do their best work
- Consistently provide ongoing mentorship and professional development for your direct reports and others throughout the engineering organization
- Optimize team structure for maximum delivery, productivity, and team satisfaction
- Improve internal processes to minimize errors and improve team efficiency
- Implement appropriate metrics to measure and motivate productivity and impact
- Develop and execute strategies for delivering customer value in our product
- Proactively develop and communicate technical strategy, supporting managers in creating and reviewing team-level goals and objectives
What We’ll Love About You
- Demonstrated experience managing engineers and engineering managers, ideally teams of 25+ people
- Prior experience as a product engineer building fullstack web applications
- Success managing and scaling a large engineering team at a mid-size, high-growth software company
- Strong experience collaborating with Product and Design, as well as fostering collaboration across teams and outside the engineering group.
- Proven experience recruiting and hiring top talent for a variety of engineering roles
- Clear passion for people, leadership, and enabling people to do their best work in a fully remote environment
- Excellent communicator and mentor
- A drive to build the best engineering organization
- Demonstrated experience in early stage and high growth companies from Series B or C and beyond
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.