Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
As a Software Engineer on the Support team at Postscript, you will be part of a dynamic team within the engineering org handling incoming bug reports, technical questions, and other engineering requests from customer-facing internal teams - e.g. customer support, account management, and sales.
You will be joining a team that is constantly striving to improve its own processes, and you’ll be encouraged to demonstrate an ownership mentality with regard to the operational aspects of support engineering, including documentation, tooling, and metrics.
Your natural empathy for users and passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will enable you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. Your ability to flex between the worlds of engineering and customer-facing teams will empower you to thrive in this unique role helping to bridge two sides of the company.
Our application stack is Python (Flask) with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS on the backend, and our frontend is built with React JS. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Investigate and prioritize, and then resolve or escalate, incoming bug reports, technical questions, and other engineering requests as a member of the support engineering on-call rotation during core business hours Monday - Friday.
- Work on longer-term engineering projects (e.g. building new internal tools or product features) to foster a best-in-class product experience for customers and internal users
- Contribute to the continual iteration and improvement of support engineering processes - e.g. team documentation, tooling, and metrics
- Serve as a bridge between Postscript’s engineering and business functions, influencing the product roadmap based on customer feedback and providing useful engineering context to customer-facing teams, including helping to manage incident response and communications
- Application development experience, with Python experience strongly preferred (Flask knowledge preferred too) and React experience valued as well
- Experience interacting with customers and/or customer-facing teams such as support or sales
- Experience participating in an on-call rotation, triaging incoming issues, solving problems in real time, and coordinating incident response communications
- Ability to debug problems in software applications
- Ability to communicate complex technical topics to individuals with varying levels of technical skills
- Proficiency in SQL (Postgres)
- Experience with AWS services
- Experience with internal tools such as Retool, Zapier, Trello, and Jira
- Great communication skills and a passion for helping others
- Ability and desire to work on many different small challenges in a given day
- Ability to drive technical decisions by considering trade-offs, including business priorities and technical needs
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing platform
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to proactively write complete and clear documentation
- Remote work experience is a plus
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Flexible paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.