Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Greylock, Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class organization.
As a Senior Quality Engineer at Postscript, you will utilize your strong quality engineering skills to develop and maintain our testing frameworks and quality efforts. Senior Quality Engineers at Postscript are key members of the team that directly impact the team as an individual contributor and also through critical leadership, mentorship, and decision-making activities. As a Senior Engineer you will guide your team in weighing trade-offs of technical constraints and business priorities to consistently deliver customer value.
Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. You will play a key role in ensuring we deliver great products to our customers, and building processes that enable the team to iterate rapidly. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out processes as we scale. We are massively scaling and growing our Engineering Team in 2021, and this is one of multiple positions available.
All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Build and maintain test frameworks and cases to perform automated testing on our product suite and maintain high quality in our code stack. Develop and implement automated tests quickly and effectively
- Collaborate with engineers to build test plans that ensure product development meets product specifications and customer needs
- Execute manual testing as necessary, including exploratory testing
- Proactively communicate with engineers, product managers and other stakeholders. Communicate clearly about technical concepts. Write clear and concise bug reports and test plans
- Consistently reduce complexity of projects and processes to get more done with less work. Reduce organizational silos. Maintain alignment and understand how each team's efforts interface with the rest of the ecosystem.
- Ensure projects are held to a high level of quality before release
- Develop a strong understanding of how our customers derive value from our product. Validate customer workflows operate correctly. Inspect UI components for layout errors.
- Work as part of a high performing team of engineers, product managers, and other stakeholders; help others improve; convince others of specified technical approaches; pick up and utilize new technologies quickly and efficiently; deliver feedback to others.
- Mentor other Quality Engineers on best practices and standards, and actively provide learning opportunities
- Influence Quality Engineers across all teams and functions at Postscript
- Identify and advocate for short-term and long-term projects and socialize these plans to team members, supervisors, and senior stakeholders to generate buy-in
What We’ll Love About You
- Experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- Demonstrated experience mentoring others
- Expert-level risk-based manual testing skills, including exploratory testing
- Expert-level test automation skills
- Cypress or equivalent front end automation tooling.
- API automation tooling.
- Experience with cross-functional and cross-team manual testing efforts, such as exploratory testing
- Exposure to fullstack application development environments, including an understanding of IDEs, debugging, SDLC, software design and architecture
- Exposure to fullstack applications (frontend web, APIs, databases) and testing strategies unique to each
- Exposure to continuous integration (CI/CD) pipelines and experience implementing testing best practices as part of pipelines
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Demonstrated experience establishing best practices in development processes
- Exceptional communication skills (written and verbal)
- Strong attention to detail
What You’ll Love About Us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.