Postscript is redefining marketing for ecommerce companies. By introducing SMS as an entirely new channel for ecommerce stores to engage, retain, and convert their customer base, brands are seeing huge ROI with Postscript. Backed by Y Combinator and other top investors, Postscript is growing fast and looking for remarkable people to help build a world class go-to-market (GTM) organization.
As a Fullstack Software Engineer at Postscript, you will utilize your strong full stack software engineering skills to develop and manage our backend and frontend applications and systems. Our backend stack is a Python (Flask) API with a PostgreSQL database hosted on AWS, and our frontend is built with React JS and Bootstrap UI. Your passion for building great products, especially in early-stage companies, will lead you to have a meaningful and positive impact on both the product and the company. In addition, you will have the opportunity to help expand the engineering team and build out architecture and processes as we scale. We are massively scaling and growing our Engineering Team in 2021, and this is one of many positions available. All positions at Postscript are fully remote.
- Build and maintain REST API and frontend codebase to build features in our product suite
- Work closely with the design and product teams to deliver a beautiful, world-class product
- Take ownership and get creative with your solutions
- Manage AWS services as needed
- Familiarity with building AWS services (Lambda, Elastic Beanstalk, and others)
- Familiarity with relational databases, proficient in SQL, and experience with database modeling (PostgreSQL a plus)
- Experience as part of an engineering team
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, translating complex technical requirements into easy to follow direction and documentation
What we’ll love about you
- Experience building or directly contributing to a great product
- 80/20 - regularly achieves 80% of the value with 20% of the work
- Passion for early stage companies and the opportunity to be responsible for owning and improving a new, fast-growing code base
- Experience establishing best practices in development processes
- Great communicator and love helping others
- Empathy for users
- Strong attention to detail
- Remote work experience is a plus
What you'll love about us
- High growth startup - plenty of room for you to directly impact the company and grow your career!
- Fully remote culture - work from home (or wherever!)
- Fun - We're passionate and enjoy what we do
- Competitive compensation and opportunity for equity
- Unlimited paid time off
- Health, dental, vision insurance
- Other great perks, such as home office stipend
You are welcome here. Postscript is an ever-evolving place of equal employment for talented individuals.