WHO WE ARE
Postmates enables anyone to have just about anything on-demand. We pioneered the on-demand space and currently serve 3500+ cities with a fleet of more than 350,000 Postmates and the largest network of merchants in the US. We’re changing the landscape of commerce by making cities our warehouses, providing the delivery infrastructure, and connecting our customers to any product, anywhere, anytime. Postmates isn’t just an app, it’s a way of life and a part of pop culture. We are the O.G. of on-demand and we’ve given people a new superpower — the ability to Postmate anything from anywhere. We’re building a movement to make Postmates a verb: Postmate it.
WHAT WE DO
Postmates is seeking a results obsessed CRM expert to lead the strategic vision and customer journey planning to maximize the value of every potential, active, and churned customer across 100’s of millions of touchpoints per month. You will own and drive the planning, development, testing, and optimization of customer engagement programs across email, push, and in-app experiences.
Your responsibilities will be to lead a team responsible for end to end campaign management, including developing and driving the personalization roadmap, campaign test and learn plans, editorial calendars and campaign operations and campaign reporting. Working closely with Marketing, Analytics, Product and Engineering teams, you will deliver and automate personalization strategies at scale across touchpoints in order to increase active customer engagement, minimize churn, and re-engage lapsed and dormant customers.
- Own the development, objectives and execution of our lifecycle marketing strategy and testing roadmap. You will be responsible for ensuring we have a clear vision for CRM as a strategic differentiator in the delivery landscape and build a roadmap that will prioritize how we will get there.
- Effectively manage the outcomes and careers of 5+ marketers and configure them to best support internal functions and drive business outcomes.
- Understand how to highly leverage automation to maximize the value of crediting to create incredibly personal experiences for our customers.
- Develop deep cross functional relationships across data, product, engineering, and strategic teams to align on key objectives across business lines and prioritize work.
- Obsess over and leverage data to understand the customer base and what makes our customers successful; develop marketing strategies that ensures customers are on a journey to success from onboarding to tenured state.
- Monitor and analyze email performance across categories and set strategy improve primary KPIs around increase product adoption and engagement, customer lifetime value, and retention.
- Apply deep understanding of marketing best practices - to include personalized email marketing and in-product marketing - and help the team develop engaging and impactful campaigns
- Analyze and interpret results from email marketing campaigns and share learnings with key stakeholders to drive continuous improvement of campaigns.
- Track and optimize CRM strategies across multiple channels including email, push notifications, pop ups, and in-app placements.
- Guide the team in planning well-structured tests of what exists today as well as finding additional high leverage touchpoints to drive customer behavior. Ensure that past learning is leveraged to continuously optimize campaign performance.
- Oversee the successful deployment of hundreds of automated and manual campaigns per month and manage a pipeline of new campaign ideas to drive growth.
OUR PREFERRED QUALIFICATIONS
- Bachelor degree, preferably in Marketing, or equivalent work experience required
- 12+ years of experience in Customer Lifecycle Marketing or highly-related roles
- 5+ years managing, mentoring, and growing high performing teams
- 5+ years in hands-on, highly analytical role
- Proven experience applying customer-state data models, drawing insights from data, and effectively communicating critical insights to senior leadership
- Strategic thinker and experienced operator: Proven ability to both identify opportunities and drive action to pursue those opportunities
- Track-record executing marketing campaigns that drive measurable results across a breadth of customer situations (e.g. conversion, retention, loyalty, cross-sell)
- Experience with enterprise Marketing Automation platforms, CRM, and in-product personalization tools
- Effective collaborator with track-record of implementing successful cross-functional lifecycle programs, including both frontline and product teams
- Influential leader who builds trust with peers and superiors, can effectively "sell" new ideas in the face of opposition, and develops highly collaborative relationships
- Self-starter who can operate with limited guidance but knows when to ask for help
- Positive attitude and proven team player
- Fearless to take on new responsibilities or try something new
- Outstanding flexibility, adaptability and sense of accountability
- Thrives in data-driven, fast-paced organizations
Postmates has your back. In our impact-first work environment, we value huge company vision. As you strive to build the future with us, we’ll support you with:
- Competitive salary and generous stock option plan.
- Access to the Postmates 401(k) plan.
- 100% coverage for employees medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- 95% coverage for dependents medical, dental, and vision insurance.
- Pre-tax Flexible Spending Account (FSA) for qualified out-of-pocket health care costs.
- Flexible time off policy under which Postmates will not limit paid time off for vacations or to handle personal affairs. (Salaried US Employees)
- 16 days paid time off and 7 days paid sick leave (Hourly US Employees; amount of paid sick leave depends on state).
- 3 days paid time to volunteer through CivicLabs and positively impact the communities we serve.
- Generous parental leave including flexible transition plans, Postmates meal credit, and subsidized access to the Milk Store, Urban Sitter, and Concern.
- Free and confidential counseling resources through an Employee Assistance Program.
- Pre-tax Commuter Benefits for parking or transit fees.
- A free subscription to Postmates Unlimited.
- Catered lunches, open snack bar, and subsidized Postmates Pickup meals.