Team Lead, Regional Account Management
Postmates is on a mission to help people unlock the best of their cities -- and their lives -- with an industry-leading on-demand “anything” network. We’re the first and still the leading company in the on-demand space -- with a fleet of more than 300,000 Postmates, the largest network of merchants in the U.S. and a brand that has become a verb in pop culture. We’re looking for people who aren’t afraid to be first -- or eccentric, and who are passionate about creating the new, new.
The Merchant Team is responsible for managing and aggressively growing Postmates top line revenue while delivering a world-class merchant experience.
As a Team Lead on the Regional Account Management team, you will be focused on enabling businesses to better serve their customers and guests through Postmates. You will be responsible for accelerating the performance of our top regional accounts month over month. You will be responsible for hiring, retaining, engaging, mentoring, and coaching a team of high output account managers & account coordinators. You will be responsible for leading cross-functional process improvements in order to ensure that Postmates as a company is delivering on the highest possible level of merchant service. Lastly, you will be responsible for collaborating with leadership, and your peers to set strategy, direction, and ensure execution of strategy.
You are expected to be a thought leader in Account Management, setting and implementing strategic initiatives related to growing our existing customer base, and demonstrating strong management and team development capabilities. An important skill is the ability to analyze and interpret data, conduct need finding analysis with customers and perform quarterly business reviews. This person is not afraid to roll up his or her sleeves and develop operational improvements to our existing processes. This is a player coach role with a lot of upward trajectory as we continue to build out the team.
- Hire, engage, retain, and promote the best talent in the market.
- Accelerate the performance of your account portfolio.
- Mentor, coach, and develop your team.
- Lead cross-functional improvements in order to ensure we have the best customer experience in the industry.
- Collaborate with leadership to set organizational strategy, and rapidly execute against it.
To succeed in this role, you will lean on your:
- 4 + years experience in customer success & account management.
- 2+ years of mid market + customer facing relationship management
- 1+ years of management, mentorship, and/or lead responsibilities.
- 1+ years of leading cross-functional projects to improve customer experience.
To excel in this role, you will need to possess:
- An ability to uncover opportunities and friction points in our cross-functional service delivery model and execute against them.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to collaborate with internal and external stakeholders.
- Strong desire to make individuals within your remit successful in their roles, their tenure at Postmates, and their broader career.
- Desire to stay abreast of all B2B, SaaS, CS, and AM trends in the industry, and rapidly deploy the most valuable to the Postmates customer lifecycle.
- A laser focus on performance metrics across hiring, revenue generation, team engagement scores, customer satisfaction, time to value, and any related metrics.
- An ownership mentality, holding yourself and your team accountable to both Postmates and our merchants.
- A work ethic that motivates you to contribute outside of the context of your role to the success of the company as a whole.
- A transparent nature, with the ability to socialize at the staff, manager, director, and executive level, as well as effectively forecast and consistently report on both positive and negative performance, in a solution oriented manner.