Postmates is disrupting local commerce by providing a marketplace where consumers can purchase goods from any local restaurant or store and local couriers deliver the goods to their home in minutes. Postmates has unlocked on-demand local shopping — providing consumers the convenience of super fast delivery for the largest selection of goods (anything in the whole city!); the benefit and scale of e-commerce for local merchants; and more flexible work for couriers.
We are looking for an enthusiastic, passionate and results-driven leader who knows how to develop, scale and manage an outsourced partner relationship. The Vendor Manager uses a broad range of BPO operations and leadership skills to own and enrich the relationships between Postmates and one or more partners in a given market or region. The Partner Relationship Manager will deliver on partner growth, workforce and staff planning, and will be accountable for the partner’s service delivery performance outcomes.
- Hold their partner(s) accountable for headcount and contact volume service level performance, continually improving the partner’s attrition and site health performance.
- Lead strategy, plan, and implementation of scaling partner support as Postmates’ business grows.
- Assess and drive their partner’s support staff and leadership staff quality and development needs, including assisting with proper planning of new leaders, holding the partner accountable for having development programs, and requiring high standards of ability and integrity down to the agent level.
- Manage the day-to-day operational needs of the partner(s) by collaborating with Training, Workforce Management, and other groups who support the administration of crucial functions.
- Facilitate their partner’s relationships with the multiple Postmates Operations Managers and stakeholders who look after the performance outcomes.
- Build and drive workforce and staff planning for their partner location(s) within a specific market or region, including satisfying budget inputs.
- Take part in new site launch efforts, either driving and owning lower complexity launches with existing partners, or collaborating to assist in higher complexity launches with new or strategic partners.
- Drive the partner teams to develop regular and robust feedback and insights to the Postmates Operations Managers and other stakeholders who are pursuing the continuous improvement of service delivery.
- Collaborate with their partner(s) to identify and develop unique value additions, pilots, and projects that enrich the overall Customer Experience.
- Evaluate new Postmates processes or program changes for their potential impact to partner performance, and assist in mitigating those risks.
- Act as Postmates’ Brand Ambassador to their partner(s), role modeling our core values and assessing the partner’s people-oriented programs against Postmates’ standards.
- Act as Postmates’ single point of contact for all other matters related to the partner’s operations, including Legal queries and requirements.
- Lead and/or participate in projects outside of the scope of your department, as assigned by your manager.
- 5+ years of progressively responsible leadership experience in customer service operations (BPO preferred, captive accepted).
- Broad experience working with CS organizations globally.
- Experience managing budgets and taking accountability for spending.
- Experience driving B2B relationships and leading outside teams to exceed goals.
- Demonstrated project management experience as either owner and stakeholder.
- Strong analytical skills, including performance storytelling using slides, charts, etc.
- Excellent communication skills, fluent in English.
- Able to travel in APAC and NA locations when required.
- Up to 25% travel time.
- Works well in ambiguity and embraces the adventure!