Postman Live Insights is designed to guide developers, regardless of their familiarity with the monitored system or the Postman API Platform, towards efficiently identifying and resolving issues. Our aim is for developers to pinpoint problematic API endpoints within 30 minutes of account creation, enabling even newcomers to address issues as seamlessly as making an API call.
Our recent efforts have culminated in the alpha release of Live Insights, introducing the Insights Agent. This tool monitors API traffic, auto-populating a Postman collection with detected endpoints. Within just 15 minutes of installing the Insights Agent in staging or production, you’ll start seeing endpoints show up in your collection, along with dashboards of endpoint performance. Live Insights aims to be the fastest, easiest way for developers to see what endpoints they have, what’s slow, and what’s throwing errors.
You’ll be working with a Bay Area-based leadership team and a remote-first engineering team built out of the Akita acquisition.
Who Are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
To deliver our intended developer experience, we’ll need to iterate with our alpha users to get the UX right. We’re looking for an engineer who can work on both the frontend and backend who is excited about helping developers better understand their own systems.
- Strong implementation skills.
- Scrappy. Gets excited about figuring out the minimal way to build the next feature.
- Good product sense. Deeply understands their user and is able to work with a designer and the rest of the team to make well-scoped plans for hitting user goals.
- Moves fast. We’re going to be prototyping and iterating with our alpha users weekly. We’re looking for someone who is excited about their cadence.
- Excellent communication skills. We’re a remote-first team and we’re going to be moving fast together. Good communication is key.
- 5+ years of software development experience.
- Both frontend and backend development experience
- Track record of delivery. Impressive portfolio of past projects launched.
- Experience working independently. 2+ substantial past projects where they were the sole contributor responsible for delivering large parts of the work.
- Experience shipping B2B product.
- Based in Pacific Time
Nice To Have:
- Experience working on a 0-to-1 product.
Experience working on developer tools.
Experience working on data-heavy UX
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
If the role is based in the San Francisco Bay Area, the reasonably estimated salary for this role ranges from $181,050 to $244,950, plus a competitive equity package. Salary ranges can differ outside of the San Francisco Bay Area and the U.S. and can be requested at any time in the process. Actual compensation is based on the candidate's skills, qualifications, and experience. In addition to our pay-on-performance philosophy, we offer a comprehensive set of benefits, including full medical coverage, flexible PTO, wellness reimbursement, and a monthly lunch stipend.
Postman is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender perception or identity, national origin, age, marital status, protected veteran status, or disability status. Headhunters and recruitment agencies may not submit resumes/CVs through this website or directly to managers. Postman does not accept unsolicited headhunter and agency resumes. Postman will not pay fees to any third-party agency or company that does not have a signed agreement with Postman.