Who are We?
Postman is the world’s leading API platform, used by more than 25 million developers and 500,000 organizations, including 98% of the Fortune 500. Postman is helping developers and professionals across the globe build the API-first world by simplifying each step of the API lifecycle and streamlining collaboration—enabling users to create better APIs, faster.
The company is headquartered in San Francisco and has an office in Bangalore, where it was founded. Postman is privately held, with funding from Battery Ventures, BOND, Coatue, CRV, Insight Partners, and Nexus Venture Partners. Learn more at postman.com or connect with Postman on Twitter via @getpostman.
P.S: We highly recommend reading The "API-First World" graphic novel to understand the bigger picture and our vision at Postman.
The Web Platform team is responsible for the underlying architecture of Postman's web development lifecycle. The team builds and owns SDKs, tools, services & infrastructure that help our product teams build great user experiences and interfaces.
We are looking for a Senior Engineer who’ll lead initiatives to provide the developer experience for our Engineers to keep moving with speed and keep our solutions' reliability and quality high. You’ll work closely with engineering leaders and our product teams to achieve our mission of reaching 100m connected users.
What You’ll Do:
- Drive strategic technical initiatives to improve the adoption of our new Web Platform.
- Design, develop, and maintain robust libraries/abstractions to support internal product teams.
- Being an agent of change to improve our architecture and tech stack.
- Identify emerging technologies and patterns that simplify building and maintaining large Single Page web applications.
- Advocate for best practices that improve reliability, security, performance, or quality.
- Perform code reviews and provide mentoring through them.
- Mentor early-career and experienced engineers to bring out the best in them and help them succeed at Postman.
- Lead technical initiatives to solve ambiguous problems keeping customers in mind.
- 5+ years of hands-on software engineering experience.
- Experience architecting, developing and delivering large single-page applications with millions of users worldwide and hundreds of contributors with fast release cycles.
- A deep understanding of the capabilities and constraints of the web platform.
- Experience designing great APIs/libraries that are well-designed, tested, and documented.
- Experience collaborating across engineering teams.
- Experience in driving technical initiatives and keeping business outcomes in focus.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- A degree in Computer Science (or similar Software Engineering related discipline)
At Postman, we create with the same curiosity that we see in our users. We value transparency & honest communication about not only successes, but also failures. In our work, we focus on specific goals that add up to a larger vision. Our inclusive work culture ensures that everyone is valued equally as important pieces of our final product. We are dedicated to delivering the best products we can.
Postman has an informal and fun working team environment. We offer a competitive salary and equity package, comprehensive medical, dental, and vision insurance, vaccination reimbursement, and cool perks. Our employees enjoy unlimited PTO because we believe everyone should take the time off needed to refresh, relax, and reflect. And when you’re in the office, enjoy complimentary meals for designated days, well-stocked drinks and snacks, a game room, and ergonomic workstations. We have a wellness program offering fitness-related reimbursements, home office set-up reimbursement, internet reimbursement, book reimbursements for professional development, and a training platform for continued learning and education for personal growth. Also, our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re creating a long-term company, and we want you to be part of it. Join us and become a Postmanaut.