Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more & more astounding things with the Postman product every day, & as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About The Team
The Growth team at Postman focuses on driving key business metrics through rapid experimentation, data-driven decision making & qualitative user research. The Growth org’s cross-functional squads collaborate to improve new user & team experiences by minimizing friction around onboarding, activation, conversion, & expansion for our users.
Due to continuous investment, and expansion we’re looking for an experienced hands on, data driven Technical Lead to join our squad.
You’ll be responsible for mentoring and technically guiding Engineers within the team, and helping us drive new ideas and experiments through to fruition. Additionally, you’ll help us to implement A/B/n & multivariate experiments and focus on using data to help you make the right decisions as to how to improve the Postman product.
Through this position you will have the opportunity to directly impact millions of users, so if you want to be a part of something big, this one’s for you!
Being a remote-first organisation, our team is spread across the globe and we’re open to considering candidates based in India, or Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- Guide, mentor and lead a team of Engineers
- Work with product, and the management team to help us see ideas and experiments through to fruition.
- Implement A/B/n & multivariate experiments on the Postman application
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, & product analysts on experiments.
- Work with product teams in productizing the winning experiments
- Assisting with Feature Management (i.e. Feature Flags / Feature Toggles) within LaunchDarkly
- Build right abstractions and interfaces in the application to increase experimentation velocity over time.
- Instrument code to fire analytics events into Amplitude
- Ensure quality and velocity for experiments..
- 4 years + frontend engineering experience, ideally gained working for a product led growth organization.
- 1 year + working at Technical Lead level
- Some experience with Node.js, or another backend language
- Experience with Feature Management & tools such as LaunchDarkly or similar.
- Previous experience of working in a growth engineering set up for a product led organization.
- You have an "explorer" mindset and love ideating and building provisional solutions and rapid prototypes in order to test ideas quickly.
- Solid understanding of Growth principles such as acquisition loops, engagement/habit loops, retention, “Aha moment,” activation, onboarding
- Experiment Design - you have a good intuition around different tradeoffs when designing product experiments
- Experiment Debugging - you have experience testing whether an experiment is tracking properly in production before ramping traffic
- Highly data driven.
- Alignment with Postman values.
Nice to have:
- Experience of being a Postman user
- Experience in building and managing scalable microservice architectures for a SaaS product
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary & benefits, an informal & fun working environment, & provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, & we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work & be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, & we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?