Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API & streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 20 million developers & 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more & more astounding things with the Postman product every day, & as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About The Team
The Growth team at Postman focuses on driving key business metrics through rapid experimentation , data-driven decision making & qualitative user research. The Growth team’s cross-functional squads collaborate to improve new user & team experiences by minimizing friction around onboarding, activation, conversion, & expansion for our users.
Due to continuous investment, and expansion we’re looking for experienced Frontend, data driven Software Engineers to join our squad where you’ll contribute new ideas, implement A/B/n & multivariate experiments and focus on using data to help you make the right decisions as to how to improve the Postman product.
Through this position you will have the opportunity to directly impact millions of users, so if you want to be a part of something big, this one’s for you!
Being a remote-first organisation, our team is spread across the globe and we’re open to considering candidates based in India, or Europe.
What You’ll Do:
- Implement and own end-to-end A/B/n & multivariate experiments on the Postman application
- Collaborate cross-functionally with product, design, & product analysts on experiments.
- Work with product teams in productizing the winning experiments
- Assisting with Feature Management (i.e. Feature Flags / Feature Toggles) within LaunchDarkly
- Build right abstractions and interfaces in the application to increase experimentation velocity over time
- Instrument code to fire analytics events into Amplitude
- 2 years + frontend engineering experience, ideally gained working for a product led growth organisation.
- Either previous experience or a strong interest in moving into a growth engineering role.
- You have an "explorer" mindset and love ideating and building provisional solutions and rapid prototypes in order to test ideas quickly.
- Previous experience of running experiments and A/B testing.
- Highly data driven.
- Alignment with Postman values.
Nice to have:
- Experience of being a Postman user
- Some experience with Node.js, or another backend language
- Solid understanding of Growth principles such as acquisition loops, engagement/habit loops, retention, “Aha moment,” activation, onboarding
- Experiment Design - you have a good intuition around different tradeoffs when designing product experiments
- Experiment Debugging - you have experience testing whether an experiment is tracking properly in production before ramping traffic
- Preferred experience with Feature Management & tools such as LaunchDarkly or similar.
What Else? (Benefits)
We offer competitive salary & benefits, an informal & fun working environment, & provide lunch every day. (Yes, seriously. Every day.) We believe in autonomous small teams taking on big challenges, & we’re intentional about building an inclusive culture where everyone is able to do their best work & be the best version of themselves. We’re creating a long-term company, & we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?