Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Our app simplifies each step of the API building process and streamlines collaboration. More than 20 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide currently use Postman. We recently raised our Series-D at a $5.6 billion valuation.
How We Operate?
Since we are a globally distributed team, we measure outcomes, not hours. We operate from a deep sense of our values and strive to build the best products for the entire developer community.
About The Team
Our Search Team is responsible for making the data produced by millions of our customers discoverable and searchable. Our team works with massive volumes of data flowing through robust data pipelines to provide the most simple and delightful search experience for the customers.
We are looking for Engineers who can build and design the search and recommendation features at Postman. This feature allows you to use the Postman platform's powerful search capabilities to find anything in your API universe. Postman can help you instantly search through your entire API repository.
Every day, new insights emerge from complex engineering challenges that affect millions of users. If that sounds exciting, this is the opportunity for you!
What You'll Do
- Bring your search expertise to the team to help us turn our ideas into features that will impact millions of users.
- Build and run efficient ranking algorithms and models that optimize multiple use cases.
- Provide technical leadership and mentoring to other engineers for best practices in data engineering
- Work with data pipelines with various ETL policies in collaboration with different squads
- Architecting, designing, and owning search systems collaborating with all stakeholders
- Experienced in building or working on a search or recommendation system which is highly available, large-scale distributed search systems .
- Expertise in search-related technologies such as Elasticsearch, Solr, and Lucene.
- Experience in algorithm and model development, validation, and implementation for large-scale applications (NLP, ML)
- Demonstrated strength in data modelling, ETL development, and data warehousing
- Fair understanding of front-end technologies, networking, and analytics on a fundamental level, proficient in Backend.
- You are a good communicator who can explain technical concepts to product managers, designers, support, and other engineers.
- You have curiosity about how things work and to learn new things.
Nice To Have
- Experience in Node.js, Python, and frameworks/tooling related to these technologies
- Experience with technologies like Redshift, S3, EC2, Data Pipeline, Apache Kafka, Kinesis
- Knowledge of compute engine/data processing engine like Apache Spark/ Apache Flink/ Ray
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage that includes COVID insurance, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you are.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected with your global Postman peers. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?