Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Postman is one of the most widely used API platforms in the world. In our pursuit of ensuring our platform is as interoperable as possible we are regularly investing in a variety of core as well as community open source tooling projects. Actively developing and releasing open source tools via Github, as well as open-source API collections via public API workspaces. Providing a rich set of open source solutions that anyone can fork and put to work as part of their API operations, supporting anyone in the community.
Postman is continuing to expand our support of multiple API protocols and patterns and is looking for someone to join our Open Technologies team to lead our GraphQL effort. We are looking for someone who is passionate about GraphQL, has existing experience within the GraphQL community, and wants to help drive investment in GraphQL internally, but also drive adoption externally within the community. GraphQL is fast becoming a preferred way within the enterprise for delivering data APIs at scale, and we need your help to make sure Postman continues to support the capabilities the GraphQL developer community needs.
What You'll Do
- Track on, participate and lead activities occurring across the GraphQL community.
- Quantify and track the open-source tooling and commercial services using GraphQL.
- Define how GraphQL is used to power the API lifecycle across enterprise organizations.
- Be the source of GraphQL knowledge across teams internally across Postman.
- Help guide the Postman road map when it comes to GraphQL capabilities.
- Work to define how GraphQL is being applied across a variety of business sectors.
- Produce short-form and long-form content for publishing across many different channels.
- Regularly participate in webinars, streams, and virtual events focused on GraphQL usage.
- Actively produce, review, and contribute to a variety of coding projects using GraphQL.
- 2-3 years of programming experience with one of the leading programming languages.
- Demonstrated experience working with GraphQL usage across the API lifecycle.
- Familiarity with Github, and able to confidently engage with projects managed there.
- You have a general understanding of the API lifecycle, and how APIs are being produced.
- Have worked with GraphQL in a production environment and supported consumers.
- Well-spoken and are not shy to talk in front of groups of people on and offline.
- An active presence on Twitter with recent engagement as part of the API community.
Nice to Have
- Able to write compelling blog posts about technical topics.
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?