Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
Now that every major Fortune 1000 company is using Postman at some level, we are rapidly scaling our sales organization to keep up with demand! This includes building out a Mid Market sales motion to break into new segments and close larger deals within this rapidly growing market. We are looking for an experienced Mid Market Account Executive to act as a mentor to our existing team on how to strategically navigate the sales cycle and take a less transactional, more consultative approach when interacting with customers in this segment.
Our Mid Market Account Executives have a book of business with 10,000 monthly active users spread across target accounts to utilize as leads, work to understand how they are using Postman, and introduce them to all the capabilities of our Enterprise Suite. This is a unique opportunity to join the rapidly growing sales team at Postman and we are looking for passionate, energetic people to further scale our fast-growing business. The ideal candidate has personally driven significant sales growth at Technical SaaS companies.
What You'll Do
- Given a portfolio or group of organizations with the most promising growth opportunities, build a credible funnel for Postman Enterprise adoption.
- Take ownership of the full sales cycle from lead to close.
- Convert inbound leads & SDR passes to closed opportunities
- Provide detailed weekly reports on progress.
- Execute a land and expand sales strategy to drive widespread adoption and larger deployments
- Help educate customers on the value of Postman throughout the evaluation and adoption cycle
- Navigate key decision makers to build Postman Enterprise awareness within organizations
- Be a great listener, identify customer needs and collaborate with Postman teammates to ensure customer success
- Communicate and organize/escalate issues appropriately including: billing, legal, security, on-boarding, and technical inquiries
- Collaborate and work with Solutions Engineering, Customer Success Managers, Leadership, etc. to build strategic adoption plans for customers in large accounts
- Provide recommendations based on customers’ business needs and usage patterns
- A top performer with 3-5 years experience hunting and closing net new logos
- Experienced with creatively sourcing companies outside of your CRM
- Able to strategically map out and break into accounts
- Relevant sales experience preferably in an Enterprise SaaS organization
- Experience selling developer and/or technical products a strong plus
- Excellent communication skills both with customers and within an organization
- Proven negotiation and closing skills, as demonstrated by regularly exceeding sales targets while selling right-fit customers.
- Strong track record of navigating within mid-market organizations
- Ability to develop senior level relationships quickly and effectively
- Experience presenting to senior managers and the C-suite
- Ability to manage multiple opportunities simultaneously at various stages of the buying process
- Takes an active interest in increasing customer satisfaction and deepening customer relationships
- Lots of smiles
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?