Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Now that nearly every major Fortune 1000 company in the world is using Postman at some level, we are set to expand our enterprise presence exponentially in the coming year so we are rapidly scaling all of our teams to meet demand. The Executive Assistant will play a key role in ensuring our CTO is able to handle a multitude of tasks and respond accordingly to both internal and external business needs. In a rapidly scaling, hypergrowth startup, the Executive Assistant will need to wear multiple hats and act as a gatekeeper in ensuring our executive technology leader is focusing their time on the most critical areas of the business while ensuring they have the important information and context needed to be prepared for meetings, events, or any other items on the calendar for the day.
The Executive Assistant will need to have prompt and sound decision-making skills in managing, reviewing, and updating our CTO’s calendar as well as assist with a multitude of tasks such as inbox management and other special projects. To be successful in this role, you should not only be well-organized and able to act with minimal guidance, but also have strong people skills as you will serve as the main point of contact for important visitors and employees on all office related matters. So, if you are excited about joining a rapidly growing company and helping our Chief Technology Officer drive the business forward, we would love to have you on our team!
What you’ll do
- Manage and organize the CTO’s highly complex, demanding calendar and email inbox; act as a general deputy of time, fielding internal & external requests, and providing recommendations that reflect business priorities and ensure they have a high impact
- Partner closely with our internal teams to support in the planning and execution of important technology announcements related to the executive team
- Be a sounding board and confidant to keep the executive well informed and help facilitate their decision making; handle highly confidential and/or sensitive departmental matters with discretion and tact
- Assist the CTO in managing highly effective teams; supporting recognition and engagement efforts
- Prepare meeting agendas and decks and attend key meetings to capture, distribute, and track next steps
- Track the CTO’s expenses, and compile receipts to submit timely and accurate expense reports
- Plan and coordinate both domestic and international travel, including air and ground transportation, hotel reservations, and itineraries
- Provide in-office support to the CTO ranging from catering needs to AV assistance
What you need to be successful
- You have 6+ plus years of executive administration work, ideally with experience supporting a C-Level executive
- You are driven to create great experiences for others and have a genuine passion for providing outstanding support
- You practice emotional intelligence to provide personalized support
- You are at ease yet professional with senior leadership and executives, both internal and external
- You are a strategic partner in work that you do at any scale, from calendar jenga to being a sounding board for your executives
- You create clarity for others by delivering the right info, at the right time, in the right way, through compelling communication
- You proactively predict big picture impacts of everyday decisions & help streamline logistics
- You are flexible, comfortable working behind the scenes, while exercising good judgment and discretion in all tasks
- You know how to prioritize and multitask against multiple projects and deadlines while having a strong attention to detail and care for the quality of execution
- You’re able to lift up to 50lbs when needed
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?