Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Currently, Postman covers around 15% of external network calls, and with our vision to scale Postman to support every API use case, we are experimenting with the different ways to extend support to the remaining 85%. The runtime team handles debugging, testing, and executing HTTP API calls. This is the core part of Postman which is already used by millions of users everyday, but you'll be working with this team to continue our efforts to cover the full depth & breadth in this space.
As the Lead Product Designer, you not only work in improving the HTTP feature set, but also in designing the fundamental abstractions that work for both HTTP and async protocols within Postman. As a lead designer of this fundamental squad, you’ll have a major impact on how the product and user experience shapes up and have the opportunity to impact millions of users!
What you'll be doing:
- Design experiences and solutions for API testing, debugging, and execution workflows for the HTTP protocol
- Work closely with the product manager, engineers, UX researchers and content writers to design effective solutions
- Work with the product manager to strategically define product goals and opportunities, keeping end consumer and business goals in mind.
- Lead and mentor junior designers within your team
- Produce design deliverables consistent with Postman design system and brand standards.
- Continuous social listening through Twitter, Github and Zendesk to better understand how people use Postman.
- You have 5+ years of experience in end-to-end design practices in companies solving interesting real-world pain points.
- Working knowledge of how HTTP protocol works.
- A good understanding of how APIs work and what Postman does is important. It’s okay if you’re not an expert as long as you take initiative and are excited to learn about how things work together.
- You have an eye for well-designed, functional products (physical and digital)
- You can visually communicate an idea by creating quick, low fidelity mockups such as pencil sketches.
- You can create high fidelity mockups and prototypes to articulate detailed screen flows and user interactions that need to be developed.
- Good at collaborating across teams and locations, especially remote work across multiple offices and time zones.
- Comfortable using the latest design mockup and prototyping tools. We aren’t rigid about design tools though, so we are always open to suggestions.
What Else? (Remote Benefits)
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?