Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 17 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today. Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
We are looking for a talented Software Engineer to join our Web Platform team which is responsible for building the foundational layer of our frontend and desktop platforms as well as the tools and infrastructure which help our Product teams ship more efficiently. We want you to share our passion for developing products that will help make the lives of API developers and consumers easier. You will be working with the latest web technologies to build new features, improve performance, accessibility and reliability of existing features, and improve our development processes as we scale our company.
We are continuously learning from each other and iterate rapidly to make a large impact. Our products are written in React and Node.js. A taste of what we do:
- 10+ million users across all major OS platforms
- 750+ React components
- Multi-process application architecture
- Offline data storage on client-side
- Real Time synchronisation of data via WebSockets
- Build and own components, libraries and frameworks by working with a cross-functional team.
- Implement and maintain features, improve performance and quality of Postman’s products
- Interact with Product, Design and Engineering teams to spec, build, test and deliver new features
- Improve quality and reliability by improving existing tests and writing new ones.
- Break complex problems down into smaller tasks to execute
- You’ve been building web applications for 2+ years
- You’ve worked in a platform or foundation engineering team, or have understanding of relevant problem domain
- You've worked in setting up and improving frontend infrastructure and tooling such as babel, webpack, Jest, and enzyme
- You have a get-things-done attitude and deep empathy for users and fellow teammates.
- You can write testable, maintainable code that’s easy to understand
- You are a good communicator who can explain technical concepts clearly.
Nice to have one or more of the following
- Experience working in a remote-first teams
- Experience building successful open source projects
- Experience with continuous delivery and infrastructure as code
- Experience in improving web performance, security and reliability for large scale single-page applications
- Experience contributing to open source frontend frameworks such as React.js and Angular.js, or build tooling such as Webpack, Babel, and Browserify
- Experience and Excitement towards working with global, distributed teams
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- Lots of smiles
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?