Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
Our customers are doing more and more astounding things with the Postman product every day, and as a result, we are growing rapidly.
About the Team
Our Marketing Engineering team is responsible for building and owning the libraries, tools and infrastructure that help our Marketing and Marketing Ops teams build great campaigns, websites, and associated Marketing efforts. This includes building and supporting the infrastructure, processes, documentation, libraries, analytics and web apps that implement our marketing touchpoints to help us reach our developer community around the world.
We’re looking for an experienced engineer to spearhead the infrastructure / devops needs of the Marketing Engineering team. You’ll also work closely with broader Infrastructure and Security teams at Postman to achieve our mission of creating the next 100M developers in the world.
If you think more about building a good experience for our visitors and internal developers than simply focusing on any one aspect of that process, and love sharing the knowledge, this is the team for you. Some of the interesting things / problems we are working on:
- Sharing reusable Lambda functions, CSPs, headers across multiple websites, while also maintaining properties' specific needs.
- Micro-CMS's + webhooks + Postman Collections and Monitors to share data across multiple websites.
- Sharing a versioned component library across multiple web apps.
- Performance improvements for pre-rendered websites, as well as WordPress blog.
- Process automation! Caching! and more!
What You'll Do
- Work with a team of diverse engineers in the San Francisco Bay Area, as well as collaborate with Infrastructure engineers in Bangalore & remote locations.
- Partner with peers in Infrastructure and Security to review and administer the current Infrastructure our team uses for our websites and marketing automation.
- Develop best practices based on our needs, write documentation, and educate the full-stack Marketing Engineering team through team Tech Talks, dev pairing and collaboration.
- Help Marketing engineers develop new skills in Infrastructure and advance in their careers, as well as develop runbooks and on-call strategies for our Infrastructure / DevOps.
- Participate in Security reviews—and being proactive—in various areas of the system, addressing vulnerabilities, compliance requests, updates, and more.
- Participate in Performance reviews—and being proactive—in various areas of the system, addressing scaling, pagespeed, propagation, caching and more, that affect UX and SEO.
- Define, measure, and own key metrics for the performance of our infrastructure.
- 5+ years of experience building, maintaining and debugging Infrastructure that supports multiple websites, multiple web apps, across multiple environments.
- You have demonstrable experience in AWS—provisioning, maintaining and debugging multiple instances of S3, Route53, Cloudfront, Lambdas, logging.
- Experience in building redundant deployment schemes, and well as failover plans for deployed websites and microservices.
- Experience with APIs and webhooks, especially in regards to deployment, logging and reporting on Infrastructure / DevOps.
- Experience with Infrastructure for pre-rendered web apps (serverless), serving millions of pageviews per month.
- Experience with Infrastructure for self-hosted WordPress websites (for our blog).
- You possess exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- You foster a collaborative and educational environment for the team, and cross-functional teams—no silos: we actively and passively practice knowledge sharing and educating each other.
- Experience and excitement towards working with global, distributed teams
- Alignment with our Values
- An innate curiosity about how things work
- A team player, that enjoys leveling up the engineers and community around you.
Nice to have
- You are 0-4 timezones from Pacific Time Zone.
- You have AWS Training and Certification.
- Experience working with cross-functional teams across numerous time zones.
- You have experience with front-end development for Gatsby (or equivalent pre-rendered web app).
- You have experience with maintaining Infrastructure for open source projects (GitHub and GitHub Actions).
- You have experience with Python, PHP, and mySQL.
- You have experience with Infrastructure for single-page apps (SSR).
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?