Postman’s UI team’s mission is to build a system that allows all designers to quickly create pixel-perfect UI mockups and prototypes to showcase their ideas which can then be easily translated to new features and improvements. As a core member of the UI team, you will help us achieve this mission and raise the bar of our user interface design.Currently, we have a lot to improve in terms of UI. You will help us redesign our UI so it is not only beautiful, but intuitive, accessible, and usable.You already understand the importance and value of a design system and we have just started building ours. In the next year, our goal is to have a complete design system with design tools and resources, UI components, patterns, and usage guidelines, and working code. You will actively contribute to our design system and help with its adoption among designers and front-end engineers.
- Experience in designing and shipping beautiful, usable, and responsive user interfaces
- Experience in creating and ideating multiple UI variations with prototyping first mindset
- A portfolio showcasing excellent visual design skills
- 5+ years of experience in designing user interfaces and interactions, and worked in a team of 5+ designers
- Experience working in a fast-paced environment and willingness to attend late evening meetings
- Thorough understanding of design principles, interaction design, typography, and grids
- Growth mindset and willingness to listen, learn and continuously improve.
We have over 15 UX designers divided into 3 groups. You will be working with one of these three groups. On a daily basis, you will be:
- Working closely with UX designer to create, prototype, and present simple and elegant end-to-end user flows for new ideas and improvements while illustrating every detail of the interaction and user interface
- Creating pixel-perfect UI mocks with detailed interactions and working hand-in-hand with engineers to ship the approved ideas to production
- Contributing to our design system by providing feedback on the existing UI components and reporting missing UI patterns and use cases
- Identifying and improving inconsistent UI and interactions throughout the product to ensure the seamless and intuitive user experience
- Soliciting and giving all levels of UI feedback, from visual design to ease of use in UI reviews
- Clearly and effectively articulating design decisions and best practices during design demos and UI reviews
- Experience building or contributing to a design system and using the design system to build user interfaces
- Working knowledge of HTML and CSS to know how something will work in the browser
- Ability to share knowledge through presentations and workshops
- Experience designing accessible user interfaces
- Experience designing products for international audiences
- Experience working in a remote team
We offer competitive salary and benefits and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our Wellness Program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Quarterly team offsites and monthly happy hours will keep you connected. At the same time, our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why doncha?