Postman is the world’s leading collaboration platform for API development. Postman's features simplify each step of building an API and streamline collaboration to help create better APIs—faster. More than 15 million developers and 500,000 organizations worldwide use Postman today.
In addition to working with a product that customers already know and love, you will be well-supported in this role by our Customer Success, Developer Relations, and Engineering teams.
What You'll Do
- Help to drive enterprise sales by nurturing prospects and supporting Strategic and Enterprise customers
- Be customer advocates and lead customers towards an API-first development culture
- Conduct technical demos, consultations, discovery and qualification calls with prospective customers
- Handle technical questions or objections, providing solutions and workarounds to address customer needs
- Discover and map customer workflows to recommend a tailored approach to adopt API-first development best practices
- Provide customer feedback regarding inhibiting issues, objections, or lacking features to the Product team via cross-functional squads
- Remain up-to-date with the competitive landscape, current trends and challenges in the API market
- Create proof of concept integrations, tooling, and workflows as needed to support both prospective and existing customers
- Write transformation modules that enable customers to onboard with Postman seamlessly from their existing tooling
- Maintain and develop customer sandbox environments and best practices of working with the product
- Provide post-sales technical consulting and training as a trusted advisor, driving adoption of features and making our customers even more successful
- 5+ years of enterprise sales/solutions engineering experience
- 2+ years of software development experience
- Comfortable engaging and working with all levels of technologists from individual developers, development teams, QA teams, architects, product managers, and engineering and product management leaders
- Experience with engaging senior management and executive audiences to convey Postman's value proposition
- Capable of forging deep, long-lasting relationships with Strategic customers
- Strong technical background with a four year Computer Science or related degree
- Strong understanding of APIs, and experience with producing and consuming with APIs across different domains
- Strong understanding of modern development methodologies and DevOps with an appreciation of the software development life cycle
- Comfortable with the enterprise SaaS sales process and common security concerns of cloud services
- Experience executing enterprise sales strategies and sales methodologies like MEDDIC, Challenger Sale, Command of the Message, etc.
- Excellent listener that seeks to understand what a customer is trying to achieve rather than pre-supposing solutions
- Familiar with typical developer tooling: IDEs, Git, CI/CD, monitoring services, microservices, containers, cloud computing services, etc.
- Fast learner, excited and willing to learn new technology on an ongoing basis
- Great communication skills (presentation, verbal and written)
- Enjoys a fast-paced environment and loves teamwork and collaboration
We offer competitive salary and benefits, and a flexible schedule working with a fun, collaborative team. Enjoy full medical coverage, unlimited PTO, and a monthly lunch stipend. (Yes, seriously. We want you to eat well wherever you’re at.) Plus, our wellness program will help you stay healthy from your location with fitness-related reimbursements. Our frequent and fascinating virtual team-building events will keep you connected, while our donation-matching program can support the causes you care about. We’re building a long-term company with an inclusive culture where everyone can be the best version of themselves, and we want you to be part of it. Join us, why dontcha?