We're a community of designers, engineers, and product managers who are passionate about building quality software. While our environment is collaborative and relaxed, we pride ourselves on products that are well-considered and well-architected.
We're looking for a thoughtful and passionate Associate Product Manager to join our team. You will work directly with designers, engineers and other product managers and clients to solve big problems and build fast, user-centric products and tools. Our Associate Product Managers are newer to the industry, but they're distinguished by their drive, aptitude to learn, and excellent organizational and communication skills.
In this role you will be making sure the teams are shipping high quality products. This includes creating and maintaining product backlogs, tracking project deadlines, and testing features for functionality, fit and finish. You will also work closely with our design and engineering teams to define features, prioritize effort and manage scope, making sure both our clients and teams know what’s going on and feel good about it.
Who you are:
- You have 2 years experience working in software development or a similar environment, and know what it takes to get a team to deliver.
- You think on your feet and you have the communication skills to keep others aware and in sync of decisions and changes.
- You're excited about learning new skills and exploring new directions in design, engineering and product thinking. A technical background is a plus but not required.
- You have experience with the tools we use to do our work, such as Trello, Airtable and JIRA.
- Familiarity with different methods of software development, including Scrum, Kanban, agile and waterfall.
- Based in NYC
- You’re determined to take the next step in your career and build something amazing.
What you’ll do
- Work with the design and engineering teams to maintain the backlog, define acceptance criteria and oversee the workflow of features necessary to bring a product to life.
- Conduct client meetings: establish clear agendas, keep the conversation on track, and capture detailed notes.
- Interview users and other stakeholders to understand their needs and requirements, and help your team to translate those needs into product features.
- Establish and maintain project timelines, in the form of project plans, gantt charts and roadmaps.
At Postlight, your communication skills will be as important as your technical ones. Collaborating across time zones requires constant, clear communication and coordination, via Slack, GitHub comments, documents, and frequent video conferences. Postlight is headquartered in New York City, but a third of our team works remotely. We know how to keep everyone on the same page, and so should you.
Your skill set will grow at Postlight. You will join a team excited about the problems they solve and the tools they use to solve them. We keep pace with the industry, and are active participants in the open-source world. You will find yourself regularly growing in your career, using new tools and frameworks to solve new kinds of problems—with support from management and mentors.
Postlight is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.