We are looking for a seasoned engineering leader to help lead and scale the rapidly growing Commerce infrastructure of our Cloud Platform and marketplace. As a Director of Engineering, you will be responsible for managing and growing a team of engineers focused on global payments integrations, shipping integrations, order checkout and innovative features tied to offers and promotions. You will also work with a cross-functional team including Product and Marketplace Operations to identify new opportunities and build solutions to enable new commerce and payment experiences.
- Overall responsibility for the Payments, Shipping and Order Processing infrastructure of the Cloud Platform team.
- Design, architect and implement new payments, shipping and checkout features for the marketplace using a highly iterative and data-oriented approach.
- Build, analyze, tune and enhance the core infrastructure that powers millions of e-commerce transactions.
- Work closely with the product, marketplace operations and customer support teams to identify new opportunities and enable new commerce experiences to have a direct impact on our growing business.
- Partner with Accounting, Finance, Business Systems and Data teams to ensure reliable delivery of e-commerce transaction data from our Cloud Platform and various third-party payment and shipping partners to our accounting systems.
- Become an advocate for the team by promoting a culture of excellence, knowledge sharing, expanding the team’s skill set, and focusing on Poshmark’s growth and fun.
- Integrate into Team Posh -- You will focus on building out your working network and get connected with your immediate group, the wider engineering team and the cross-functional teams including Product Management, Accounting, Data Analytics and Marketplace Operations.
- Learn our product and technology stack - get familiar with various parts of Poshmark’s Cloud Platform code base and infrastructure.
- Lead a team -- You will directly manage and grow a team of engineers focused on payments, shipping, order processing and operations.
- Create user-facing impact -- Enhance existing features and build new features that enable commerce experiences, for example, adding a new payment method/provider or shipping carrier/service.
- Gain execution independence -- lead the design and implementation of new features with a high degree of independence.
12+ Month Accomplishments
- Build domain expertise and ownership -- become technically knowledgeable in the area of Payments, Shipping and Order Processing so you can support and grow that area.
- Build out and plan a strategy for technical improvements and operational efficiencies while balancing and servicing the product roadmap.
- Focus on growing your team -- mentor and groom the emerging leaders on your team, and recruit new talent.
- 10+ years experience as a software engineer and 5+ years leading/managing software engineering teams
- Relevant engineering experience in e-commerce, payments and/or shipping -- built prior integrations for payment processing, bank payouts, order processing, shipping services, order tracking/fulfillment.
- Understanding of issues related to scalability and performance at all tiers of the application
- Proven skills in managing the full software development lifecycle with experience in any or all of: Ruby, JRuby, Java, MongoDB, ElasticSearch, RabbitMQ, Linux
- Experience communicating effectively with cross-functional teams and senior leadership
- Flexible nature to handle changing priorities, weekly software release cycles while maintaining a fun and light environment for the team.
- User-oriented focus and obsession with quality
- B.A/B.S. or M.S. in Computer Science or equivalent degree or experience
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.