Poshmark is looking for a talented and creative Software Engineer, Web. The candidate is expected to create web applications that have a simple user interface and solid code that touches the lives of millions of users. The role will be dynamic and varied, requiring a versatile self-starter willing to dive into multiple initiatives. This role will provide an excellent opportunity to implement code that may run in production, at scale.
While having the opportunity to work with a talented team to rapidly roll out changes and measure their impact, while being mentored and guided.
- Responsible for creating web application features that will delight our Poshmark community
- Develop scalable, high performance and maintainable code with the latest tech stack
- Work with web technologies built on Web, database, and caching technologies
- Tune the performance for the web application while working cross functionally with other members of the team
- Get familiar with Poshmark ecosystem i.e application tech stack, Infrastructure, automation tools, etc.
- Start contributing to the Poshmark web feature development.
- Have a good collaboration within the team. Also, with other teams like Product, Design, QA, devOps etc
- Should participate in technical discussions, code reviews and provide valuable inputs to other Team members
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Should be able to independently drive feature development.
- Get involved in the application architecture discussions and propose changes that would improve the existing infrastructure.
- Solid foundation in computer science with strong competencies in data structures, algorithms and software design.
- 2+ years relevant experience in building easy to use, responsive web applications.
- Experience in any of the following is highly desirable - NodeJs, VueJs, ReactJs, AngularJs, Ruby on Rails, NoSQL technologies (i.e. MongoDB), AWS.
- Skills in building web development stack.
- Understanding and designing RESTful web services.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or a related field.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever. We will set you up with comprehensive global and in-country benefits to support you and your family needs.
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.