Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and fun.
The Community Events team curates experiences for our community of Seller Stylists to engage, mentor, and connect with one another, while developing Poshmark’s brand recognition.
The Ideal Events Lead
We’re looking for someone passionate about bringing people together! This position is highly cross functional and works in partnership to support community events including planning, budgeting, liaison with relevant partners/vendors to ensure events are successful while staying within budget and managing quick timelines.
- Owning specific area(s) of virtual and or physical event formats, PoshFest, In-person community events, marketing events, supporting global teams.
- Work in partnership with cross functional teams; Marketing, Product Marketing, PR, Design.
- Proactively identify and mitigate risks prior to events and identify a back up plan.
- Create processes and flow for a seamless pre and post event.
- Collect feedback from attendees, compile data on events to inform future planning efforts.
- Analyze event performance and prepare metrics to share with team post event.
- Service the community via service cloud, response time within 24 hours of submitted ticket.
- Act as an ambassador for events, communicate with stakeholders to gain support for the program(s) and solicit feedback.
- Ability to submit and track purchase orders in the overall budget in a timely manner.
- Own vendor rentals and venue logistics to meet event expectations, ensure all vendors have required insurance and meet legal requirements, familiarizing with all parties and vendors associated with each event.
- Create run of show for successful event flow.
- provide set-up to break-down schedules for vendors.
- Keep up with a fast paced environment with a track record of owning and delivering concurrent events from conception to successful completion.
- Get a clear understanding of the Poshmark community and events.
- Create relationships with cross functional partners within the company.
- Helping to conceptualize and execute community events in virtual, physical and hybrid capacity.
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Ability to own area(s) within the event(s) or events series from end to end.
- Deeper understanding of the Poshmark community, ability to make recommendations on how we can serve them best.
- Develop reports that communicate event data and recommendations on how to improve attendee experience and attendance both virtual and physical.
- Strong working relationships with all cross functional partners.
- Minimum 3+ years of experience in event planning, from conception to completion.
- Virtual and hybrid events experience a major plus. Ability to manage multiple projects at one time, embraces adaptability.
- Disciplined and effective project management approach to strategic events with a heightened sense of urgency.
- Highly approachable and sociable, high energy, can do personality and ability to thrive in a dynamic environment.
- Keep a broad vision of the overall vision of the event during set up and lead the team to adjust as necessary.
- Understand the overall greater purpose of the community events.
- Experience driven decision maker with ability to provide solutions in complex situations
- Ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges.
- Servicing the community to the best of our ability.
- Ability to handle unexpected changes and challenges with strong attention to detail.
- Experience working and collaborating with cross-functional teams.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Travel as needed.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.