Poshmark is seeking an entrepreneurial, energetic, and distinguished Senior Corporate Accounting Manager to join our accounting team. This role will oversee our corporate accounting functions that include month-end close activities and will help us identify areas for growth to implement process improvements. Our ideal candidate will be a self-starter with experience partnering with colleagues to drive value and positive change across the organization in addition to having excellent business, communication, and analytical skills to enable collaboration with various functions. This position reports to the Director of Corporate Accounting. This is a great opportunity for someone to join a fast-growing company where you will have the ability to see the big picture and drive a lasting impact!
- Manage monthly close activities that includes payroll accounting, tax liabilities, inter-company transactions, fixed assets, and internally developed software
- Review monthly journals & reconciliations
- Review monthly reporting and flux analysis and make recommendations to streamline and implement process improvements
- Assess technical accounting issues for ad-hoc transactions
- Assist with operationalizing the adoption of ASC 842
- Oversee worldwide consolidation
- Optimize system accounting functionality for streamlined reporting
- Develop and maintain accounting policies and procedures
- Ensure SOX compliance maintenance, documentation & testing for accounting operations business processes
- Deliver quality documentation to our external auditors to complete our quarterly and annual audit
- Assist with compilation of information for corporate tax returns & provisions
- Coach and mentor staff on the team
- Assist in special projects as needed
- Obtain understanding and knowledge of business operations, accounting processes and procedures, and company policies
- Demonstrate proficiency with company’s systems and accounting operations
- Efficiently manage and streamline month-end close activities and reporting requirements for the areas of responsibilities
- Preparing or reviewing account reconciliations, ensuring sufficient documentation and SOX compliant
- Proficiency in building accounting processes, procedures, and systems
- Supporting and executing accounting ad hoc projects
- Proficiency in building / managing the accounting team as well as relationship with local tax firms to ensure the timely and completeness of the corporate filings and compliance
12+ Month Accomplishments:
- Mastery of the 6-month accomplishments
- Mastery of thorough understanding of the transaction cycles and accounting treatments that impacts areas of responsibilities
- Lead the monthly/quarterly close and reporting package for the consolidated entity
- Proficiency in building efficiencies and improvements in accounting processes, procedures, and systems
- Building strong cross-functional relationships and work collaboratively
- Prioritizing effectively, meeting deadlines, working with others, and following through to execute all tasks
- BS Degree in Finance/Accounting; CPA a plus
- 10+ years of progressive accounting experience, including a minimum of 3 years public accounting experience
- Working knowledge of ASC 350-40, ASC 842 a plus!
- Experience with Intacct or equivalent
- Strong attention to detail and takes pride in delivered workpapers
- Effective leader with excellent oral and written communication
- Multitasker, problem solver and succeeds in a fast-paced, growth environment
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of e-commerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.