We’re looking for a Site Reliability Engineer to fill the mission-critical role of ensuring that our complex, web-scale systems are healthy, monitored, automated, and designed to scale. You will use your background as an operations generalist to work closely with our development teams from the early stages of design all the way through identifying and resolving production issues. The ideal candidate will be passionate about an operations role that involves deep knowledge of both the application and the product, and will also believe that automation is a key component to operating large-scale systems.
- Serve as a primary point responsible for the overall health, performance, and capacity of one or more of our Internet-facing services
- Gain deep knowledge of our complex applications.
- Assist in the roll-out and deployment of new product features and installations to facilitate our rapid iteration and constant growth.
- Develop tools to improve our ability to rapidly deploy and effectively monitor custom applications in a large-scale UNIX environment.
- Work closely with development teams to ensure that platforms are designed with "operability" in mind.
- Function well in a fast-paced, rapidly-changing environment.
- Participate in a 24x7 rotation for second-tier escalations.
- Graduation in Computer Science or other technical disciplines, or related practical experience.
- 4 + years of experience in Systems Engineering/Site Reliability Operations role is required, ideally in a startup or fast growing company.
- Experience in a UNIX-based large-scale web operations role.
- Experience in doing 24/7 support for large scale production environments.
- Battle-proven, real-life experience in running a large scale production operation.
- Scripting/Automating skills using any of the following languages: python, ruby etc.
- Hands-on experience with continuous integration tools such as Jenkins, configuration management with Ansible, systems monitoring and alerting with tools such as Nagios, New Relic, Graphite.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Good to have experience in AWS / Tomcat/ MongoDB /JRuby / ElasticSearch / RabbitMQ / iOS / Android / Rails / Java / Linux.
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 80 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, Australia, and soon India, is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we are constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of our business. Our culture is built around love and community, and embodies the mantra, "embrace your weirdness" aimed to empower everyone to embark on their own unique journey. We’re nothing without our amazing team of leaders, innovators and dreamers; the people who put all the pieces together to deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and development
- Competitive salary
- Company sponsored insurance
- Smartphone reimbursement
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Healthy and exciting catered lunches, snacks and beverages offered daily
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
- Fun company happy hours, parties, and offsite events
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.