Poshmark is the largest community marketplace for fashion where anyone can buy, sell and share their personal style. With millions of shoppers and seller stylists, Poshmark brings together a vibrant community every day to express themselves and share their love of fashion.
The Senior Director of FP&A is a highly visible role driving world-class forecasting, planning, and insights for the entire Poshmark business. Reporting to the VP of Finance & Corp Dev, this person will work closely with the CFO and senior executives to plan the business and allocate budget and resources to the company’s strategic initiatives.
The right individual will further establish processes, frameworks and systems to scale the FP&A function with the growth of Poshmark. The Head of FP&A also further develops the finance professionals on the team and attracts new talent to create a world-class finance team for Poshmark.
- Planning: Manage the company’s long term-strategic and financial planning processes
- Forecasting: Quarterly and monthly forecasts for P&L, cash flow and key financial metrics
- Quarter-end: Use strong processes to close the quarter, prepare management reports/metrics and insights, further decision making to drive growth and profitability
- Business partnering: Effectively partner across the organization to help solve problems around headcount planning, investments and improving efficiency
- Strategic growth projects: Participate in strategic data analysis, research and modeling for senior company leadership
- Capital Allocation and ROI: Develop/implement framework for efficient capital allocation, to enable acquiring and retaining of the highest value users, buyers, sellers
- Process Improvement / Financial Infrastructure: Continuously develop systems and processes. Evaluate current processes, identify best practices, develop plans to reach goals and implement improvements.
- Guidance preparation: Develop guidance materials and supplementary earnings content to support the earning calls and analyst call-backs
- Board and E-Staff communication: Prepare Board and E-Staff materials for the CFO and VP of Finance analyzing financial results, distilling/synthesizing key trends, assessing current and future business risk, and communicating key messages
- Team management: Hire and mentor team of high-performing finance professionals
- 12 - 15 years of experience in financial planning, business analysis and strategy; preferably in tech industry focusing in consumer businesses; Public company experience preferred
- Bachelor’s Degree in Finance, Business, Accounting, Economics; MBA preferred
- Background in corporate finance, corporate FP&A, business unit FP&A, growth finance a plus
- Demonstrated strategic thinking and ability to solving ambiguous problems applying proven or newly developed frameworks
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to attract, develop and retain the best finance professional talent
- Proven ability to develop a team culture that fosters learning, team-work, work-life-balance and fun
- Strong interpersonal and collaboration skills; ability to work with a diverse team and influence/drive change across functional and business boundaries
- Self-starter and highly proactive in reaching out to business units and functional organizations
- Strong project management, planning, and organization skills, including ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced environment
- Ability to take charge of complex projects with minimal direction and develop new strategies of approaching business challenges independently
Poshmark is a leading social marketplace for new and secondhand style for women, men, kids, pets, home, and more. By combining the human connection of physical shopping with the scale, ease, and selection benefits of ecommerce, Poshmark makes buying and selling simple, social, and sustainable. Its community of more than 70 million registered users across the U.S., Canada, and Australia is driving the future of commerce while promoting more sustainable consumption. For more information, please visit www.poshmark.com, and for company news and announcements, please visit investors.poshmark.com. You can also find Poshmark on Instagram, Facebook, Twitter, Pinterest, and YouTube.
At Poshmark, we’re constantly challenging the status quo and are looking for innovative and passionate people to help shape the future of Poshmark. We’re disrupting the industry by combining social connections with e-commerce through data-driven solutions and the latest technology to optimize our platform. We’re nothing without our amazing team who deliver an unparalleled social shopping experience to the millions of people we connect each day.
We built Poshmark around four core values: 1) focus on people to create empowered communities that drive success; 2) together we grow to support each other to strive for our dreams; 3) lead with love to foster genuine connections built upon a foundation of respect; and 4) embrace your weirdness to accept and empower one another on their own unique journey. We’re invested in our team and community, working together to build an entirely new way to shop. That way, when we win, we all win together. Come help us build the most connected shopping experience ever.
Here’s what we’ll set you up with:
- A team that is invested in your career growth and training
- Competitive salary and equity, based on experience
- Company sponsors up to 100% cost for your health, dental and vision plans and up to 90% for your dependents
- Work alongside world-class talent
- Flexible vacation / paid time off policy
- Parental leave
- Personal style encouraged (or not, whatever you’re in to)
Poshmark is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.